Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Announces September 10th Event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

The fingerprint scanner better work on my 5 :(

Useless piece of junk if not

How would it work? The hardware support isn't there. It is just for 5S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

emo72 wrote: »
    well folks. underwhelmed, or over the moon, or happy with this? i was only interested in a 5c if the price was reasonable. no sim free pricing but it doesnt look like its going to be cheap.

highlight was ios7. it looks really nice and some nice apps. camera looks really nice too. and thats it. fingerprint looks like it was "suggested" by an NSA plant. its a fancy gimmick and only something that would be a nightmare if it breaks easy.

what do you guys think?

Underwhelmed. I have a battered iPhone 4 with buttons not working so I was waiting for today's announcement to see what was being released. I was hoping for a bigger screen but that was never going to happen with a 5S..... A little part of me was hoping for an iPhone 6.

I guess I'll be going Android next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The fingerprint scanner better work on my 5 :(

Nope, the 5 doesn't have the fingerprint hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

DrMorphine wrote: »
    How would it work? The hardware support isn't there. It is just for 5S.

I was joking :pac:

murpho999 wrote: »
    Stock markets react to actual revenues rather than product launches.

Apple's revenues must have collapsed in the last 90 minutes then:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Graham wrote: »
    You're probably right, I'm sure they won't sell any of them. :rolleyes:

No they will sell some. But not as many as they could with a cheaper device. There was no point to the 5C unless it was competitive off contract with mid range Androids. Cook is a bean counter.

I was hoping to go off contract. Not a hope now. Sticking with the 4S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    all i want is a ****ing 128gb phone, make it you pricks :mad:

i thought they would kill the 16gb to be honest, the thing is full with the bare minimum of apps these days,

never mind having music on it...

also on the pricing im on contract which is up in oct/nov, but am i hearing right it wont be released here until december? :eek:

And yet the stock is down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you can afford the 5C you might as well get the 5S for a little bit more!
    Yeah, I don't fully understand the quite small margin between the two tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The iPhone now has it's own Educational Store on the Apple Website, implying there will be student discounts but all that's up is the iPhone 4S and it isn't any cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

That's a load of rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Normally there would be a date for tier 2, this time only by December :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It's never stored on Apple servers or backed up to iCloud. Apparently
    I'd like to hear more about this.

I'm also wondering how sensitive they'll be. Can you store both thumbprints on the device in case you cut your dominant thumb and that alters the appearance for a short time?

I did read some people's worries that this would encourage robbers and pickpockets to sever the victim's thumb as well as taking the phone but they were assured that it only recognises living tissue. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Basq wrote: »

The 5C is targeted as the fashion phone. Clearly they're aiming at the 12 - 25 segment with the 5S aimed at the older people. People pay a premium for fashion.

Interestingly it will shape up in price quite comparatively with for example the PS4 which would be bought for (as opposed to by) a person normally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

And yet the stock is down.

It always goes down after product announcements. Buy the rumour, sell the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Now that my interest in the 5S has died down (already), I'm thinking that iOS7 on my three year old iPhone 4 will see me through the next year (at least). I don't really need the benefit of a faster CPU and GPU given that I don't play games, I'll wait to see what's around the corner.

Basq wrote: »

Part of me thinks they wanted the 5C to replace the 4S. That would have been €399 off contract for the 8G. Then up to the entry level price for the 5S for the 64G 5C. But they couldn't get the margins to work.

The market is going to tank Apple. They can't have a plastic cheap phone at €100 less than the premium. It's pointless. It opens no markets.

Imagine the lines for the 5 with no preorder.

Wait is the iphone 5 being completely discontinued?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Was there anything on iPods?

flazio wrote: »
    Was there anything on iPods?

nope.

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Wait is the iphone 5 being completely discontinued?

It's gone, no more.

I guess its to hard to maintain volumes for both the 5 and 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

mad muffin wrote: »
    Imagine the lines for the 5 with no preorder.

Great time for throwing eggs at sad little men who stand outside for shíte like this and the best thing is they won't leave the line incase they loose their place and therefore will stink of egg for a while i'd imagine.

I'm off to buy eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I can't see many making the step from the 5 to the 5s, I've always skipped the middle ones only getting the 3, 4 and 5. iOS 7 isn't there yet for me it'll get me by on my 5 until I see what the S5 is like, if they've ditched the plastic and added some good features I may jump ship to Android.

Great time for throwing eggs ad sad little men who stand outside for shíte like this and the best thing is they won't leave the line incase they loose their place and therefore will stink of egg for a while i'd imagine.

I'm off to buy eggs.

**** you Bear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Great time for throwing eggs at sad little men who stand outside for shíte like this and the best thing is they won't leave the line incase they loose their place and therefore will stink of egg for a while i'd imagine.

I'm off to buy eggs.

I hope I can get into my office that morning, it get's a bit nuts during these releases. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Well that was baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

£629 for 32gb 5s

• Advertisement

Yeah, definitely wouldn't upgrade from a 5, but I'm switching from android and will probably get the 5s on contract.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement