Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debs companies reviews?

• 03-09-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My school are planning our debs for 2014 at the moment and I was just wondering what are people's experiences from dealing with different debs companies? Planmydebs.ie in particular, as that's the company that has worked with the school for the last few years and that we will probably be working with.

Also, any recommendations on venues and any Dos/Don'ts on the overall organising?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I organised it myself last year with 5 others as our school has no association with the debs. I'd say don't bother with a planner its a waste of money! We only had around 5 meetings during the year and we had the debs planned.
    venues usually send brochures to the school so have a good scan of them, or write to a few hotels and ask for them, then just choose the best one at the most affordable plan! :)
    planning companies do the same thing and ridiculously overcharge, and they'll probably try to get you to add in extras that nobody will want. Eg. The year before our debs the tickets were 80+€ because they had to pay the planning company and they had firebreathers for something like 5 minutes that nobody even wanted to see!

All ya gotta do is choose a venue, and if its a journey away you'll have to organise buses and then combine prices and add in a bit extra to decide on your ticket price. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Stay well away from debs companies as they are difficult to get in touch with and usually don't inform you of anything. My school has planmydebs.ie and I haven't been impress with them so that's why I'm considering not going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 artanejin

Planmydebs gave us a fantastic night. We had a red carpet cocktail reception, four course meal, awards, photobooth, bar extension, DJ, hot breakfast and buses to and from the hotel for 80€. Would definitely recommend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OK, they've had enough free advertising on this thread.
    Interestingly, the OP hasn't logged on since the plug.
    I'm going to edit the title to remove the free ad.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement