Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/Cheap Laptop Repair?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good electronics spot or even handyman who could help me out in South Dublin, preferably D16/24. All 3 USB ports on my laptop are bust and looking for somewhere that won't cost too much to get them repaired/replaced.

Anyone know of a good place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Anyone know a good electronics spot or even handyman who could help me out in South Dublin, preferably D16/24. All 3 USB ports on my laptop are bust and looking for somewhere that won't cost too much to get them repaired/replaced.

www.maxburns.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

http://laser-computers.com/ up in Dundrum and have always got results for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I was quoted €140 to replace two broken usb ports on my laptop. I thought it was very expensive and wasn't expecting such a price.
    Is that the usual ball park price for such a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Casey78 wrote: »
    I was quoted €140 to replace two broken usb ports on my laptop. I thought it was very expensive and wasn't expecting such a price.

Why do they need replacing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Casey78 wrote: »

That's about right, I would have said €75 for each one out on its own. Or €79 for two if they are attatched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

bumper234 wrote: »
    Why do they need replacing?

The insides of them broke while plugging in a usb stick.Both broke within a few weeks of one another. It's not a very expensive laptop its an Acer. Just thought it sounded very expensive but maybe that's the going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mvplaster

SRFC90 wrote: »

Hi pm me il prob be able to have a look and maybe fix for u free of charge

Advertisement