Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax/Bank of Scotland ppi payout

Options
  • 03-09-2013 5:48pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14

I received a letter about 3 months ago from a Certus who are looking after Bank of Scotlands/Halifax customers and their loans.They said they mis-sold me ppi with my credit card and I would be getting refunded.I then received another letter 6 weeks ago asking for my bank details and saying the money would be lodged to my bank.

I heard nothing in the meantime and nothing was lodged to my bank so I called them this afternoon.The girl told me that Certus calculated the figure I was owed and the interest plus compensation and sent that to Bank of Scotland yesterday and I would receive my money in 5-10 working days.

I asked the girl how much I was due to receive and she said she was not able to tell me.I asked why and was told "we're not allowed to say".
    Does anybody know roughly how much the refund would be?I had the card from 2007-2010 and a 10,000 limit.I would of used it very regularly before paying off the balance of 7,500 and closing the account in late 2010.

I'm just curious as I honestly dont know if i'm getting 40euro or 400euro or more.I hear such wide estimates,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

How much PPI were you paying and how long did you have the account open. I presume you will be refunded all the PPI you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Puzzled person

I had exactly same experience and Certus very friendly and courteous but really don't know how much your due as it is processed in Scotland I think..
    You will receive the refund into the bank account first and the letter outlining break down cane a week later
    I got returned ppi payments plus returned interest and a compensatory interest payment
    Total over 2,000.00 I was thrilled with Halifax and promptness

Where as on another separate card
    MBNA is refusing to refund anything and says they are governed by Irish central bank!! Would appreciate advise on the ombudsman route and are not all credit card companies governed by central bank if operating in Ireland
    Happy spending .... On Halifax refund... I paid bills but was so relieved to get refund..
    Are those companies Dodgy that offer to make application on your behalf? Not sure what route to take with MBNA now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had exactly same experience and Certus very friendly and courteous but really don't know how much your due as it is processed in Scotland I think..
    You will receive the refund into the bank account first and the letter outlining break down cane a week later
    I got returned ppi payments plus returned interest and a compensatory interest payment
    Total over 2,000.00 I was thrilled with Halifax and promptness

Where as on another separate card
    MBNA is refusing to refund anything and says they are governed by Irish central bank!! Would appreciate advise on the ombudsman route and are not all credit card companies governed by central bank if operating in Ireland
    Happy spending .... On Halifax refund... I paid bills but was so relieved to get refund..
    Are those companies Dodgy that offer to make application on your behalf? Not sure what route to take with MBNA now

I have reported MBNA/AvantCard to the financial ombudsman, they are investigating it now. They had asked for a mediation between myself and AvantCard, but Avantcard didn't respond so they are doing a full investigation now. I also had a Halfiax card, before changing to mbna, but not heard a thing from them on whether they were doing a review on my card. I am receiving a refund from PTSB, just waiting on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gerryok1

Hi, I got exactly the same letter stating that I was owed approx €1,300. i sent the letter back almost two weeks ago with my bank details. How long does it take for the money to be credited to my account?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 liamaseire

gerryok1 wrote: »
    Hi, I got exactly the same letter stating that I was owed approx €1,300. i sent the letter back almost two weeks ago with my bank details. How long does it take for the money to be credited to my account?
    They told me last friday they made a mistake.All money will now be paid in the first 10 working days of october.I asked them to give me an approximate figure and they said they were not allowed to release that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi all,
    still awaiting a letter to confirm amount and from the sounds of it its now delayed into Oct. Brilliant.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gerryok1

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi all,
    still awaiting a letter to confirm amount and from the sounds of it its now delayed into Oct. Brilliant.....:rolleyes:

Better late than never, they gave me approx amount, just called them there and they said it will be after 30th of September before payments are made.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Returned my form three weeks ago, but had no idea how long the process would take. They did give me an approximate figure at the time (~€1700) but said they'd advise me of the final figure when it's paid into my account.

I got the refund about four weeks after I sent bank details but they will not give details over the phone.. Good luck with it a d keep checking the bank account as the money was lodged and a week letter the statement outlining what it was and compensation details

It really only took about four to seven weeks total from the time I wrote requesting my refund.. Have to say they dealt with it well.... Just don't understand why MBNA are refusing to pay out PPI which was sold the sane way.... Will have to get a solicitor to chase that for me .... Good luck with it

• Advertisement

It really only took about four to seven weeks total from the time I wrote requesting my refund.. Have to say they dealt with it well.... Just don't understand why MBNA are refusing to pay out PPI which was sold the sane way.... Will have to get a solicitor to chase that for me .... Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

if you got a refund who is it from? i see a credit in my acc from loyldslink dialup but unsure if its the bank of scotland ppi and if it it it seems way too low?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got two refunds from Lloyds which I assume is RBS one for credit card, and one for a personal loan.

This was about five weeks after they sent the letter asking for my bank details to transfer refunds to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had a Halifax credit card, and I'm pretty sure I had PPI out on it, but I've not heard anything from them about it.
    I have from PTSB (received my refund last week) and AIB (still waiting). I don't know what year exactly that I had the Halifax card, but it was definitely between 2007 & 2010, so maybe I will still hear back. I didn't think I would the fact that its from the UK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nicmarie

I think Certus are very helpful and I was very happy with the staff I spoke to over the phone :)

found some old Halifax statements last night, and it appears I didn't actually pay PPI on that card, so won't be needing to get onto them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I had a Halifax credit card, and I'm pretty sure I had PPI out on it, but I've not heard anything from them about it.
    I have from PTSB (received my refund last week) and AIB (still waiting). I don't know what year exactly that I had the Halifax card, but it was definitely between 2007 & 2010, so maybe I will still hear back. I didn't think I would the fact that its from the UK now.

I received a form on Friday stating I was sold inappropriate insurance.
    Complete bank details & return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I got my cash back on the 28th, I used to work for them so think I was in line to get it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Toodles09

Has anyone else received their refund from Bank of Scotland that was waiting? I spoke to Certus about three weeks ago and apparently I had given them the wrong iban number (2 digits wrong) and was able to correct it that day over the phone. I'm not sure if they were going to write to me or phone me, it was just by chance that I rang. Anyhow I got a letter from them last week enclosing another form saying that I hadn't signed the first one. I had signed it and kept a copy and when I phoned them up they said maybe it was just a mistake on their part not to worry about it. I asked that they double check that they had my signed form and after a few phone calls back they confirmed this. They can't seem to give much information as to what happens next. Do I just wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Leemc1

Hi guys I have had same experience , got a letter saying due refund in August , sent back bank details early September (3/4th) , nothing yet no letter. Have been ringing them and they have no details to give . Today a girl told me from certus that her manager was taking my details along with some others and escalating this . I was Told wud be paid by 10th oct , but there must be some sort of delay

• Advertisement

Leemc1 wrote: »
    Hi guys I have had same experience , got a letter saying due refund in August , sent back bank details early September (3/4th) , nothing yet no letter. Have been ringing them and they have no details to give . Today a girl told me from certus that her manager was taking my details along with some others and escalating this . I was Told wud be paid by 10th oct , but there must be some sort of delay
    I received my repayment on Tuesday by electronic transfer, the figure was about what I expected.

Leemc1 wrote: »
    I received my repayment on Tuesday by electronic transfer, the figure was about what I expected.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Around €1300 ,sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

Does anyone have a phone number for certus?

Advertisement