Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gas installation????

• 03-09-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hey i was wondering if any body could tell me roughly how much it costs to have gas heating installed..i currently use oil so it is the full works i need done..tanx for any answers..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

micbravo wrote: »
    hey i was wondering if any body could tell me roughly how much it costs to have gas heating installed..i currently use oil so it is the full works i need done..tanx for any answers..

I am doing this at the moment. I have been quoted €3000 for a gas boiler, a new controller, a power flush of the current oil system and for getting the gas line from the new meter to the boiler. I have an 1800 sq ft house with approx. 15 rads.

Bord Gais Networks charge 295 to get the gas from the road to the meter, assuming that the distance is <15m.

I have not yet got a price for the plumbing work, to add zoning, as its a bit complicated in my house.

I believe that I will have to pay a metering charge to the new supplier but I don't know how much yet.

So, hopefully, the total cost will be approx. €4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 micbravo

thanks for your reply..also does the 3000 include the radiators?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No - they mentioned having the existing radiators flushed.

If you've currently got oil, presumably your existing radiators are serviceable?

Also remember there'll be more costs if you want to get a gas fire or a line for a cooker (which I'd strongly recommend if you actually do cook - I've never found an electric hob that was even half as good as gas).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

As a few posters have guessed, the €3K does not include any rads. I am having one rad replaced, which is another €175

BTW, does anyone know what the metering charge is likely to be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 smigs

Hi,

I am in the process of installing an entire new gas heating system. Have contacted Bord Gais Networks and they'll bring the gas in (25 meters). House is 2,000 sq ft. Requires all piping to be fitted, 12 new rads around the house, 3 zones along with a 4th for hot water, new 900 external tank with 3.5 bar booster pump (external). Also requires a 30 KW boiler, 300 litre triple coil Cylinder, hot press being relocated up one floor. It will be connected to a stove and possible future solar system.

Can anyone provide a ball park estimate for inclusive work? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

smigs wrote: »
    Hi,

I am in the process of installing an entire new gas heating system. Have contacted Bord Gais Networks and they'll bring the gas in (25 meters). House is 2,000 sq ft. Requires all piping to be fitted, 12 new rads around the house, 3 zones along with a 4th for hot water, new 900 external tank with 3.5 bar booster pump (external). Also requires a 30 KW boiler, 300 litre triple coil Cylinder, hot press being relocated up one floor. It will be connected to a stove and possible future solar system.

There's a lot going on there. Impossible to tell without a site survey. Post your location here and surely somebody could help you out with a price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

smigs wrote: »
    Hi,

Just a guesstimate....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 smigs

Hi Dtp1979,

Cheers for the quick reply. Based in Limerick City, know I'll need an RGI. Had Bord Gais Networks call out this afternoon and there's a line on our road alright.

Egass13, - I'll pay it in Anglo Shares.....

Advertisement