Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being conned?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Came across an apartment while looking on daft, emailed the guy and took if from there.

Its an amazing 2 bed apartment for €600 per month including utilities and everything. He lives in London and says that he can't leave work even for a day, and the only way to see the apartment is for me transfer 2 months rent to TNT, and then he sends them the keys and contract signed by him. I can then get the keys from TNT delivered to my house, go see the apartment and make my choice. If i like it, i keep the keys and the money gets transfered to him.

Is this the proper procedure for doing things in certain circumstances, or am i being conned ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Came across an apartment while looking on daft, emailed the guy and took if from there.

Its an amazing 2 bed apartment for €600 per month including utilities and everything. He lives in London and says that he can't leave work even for a day, and the only way to see the apartment is for me transfer 2 months rent to TNT, and then he sends them the keys and contract signed by him. I can then get the keys from TNT delivered to my house, go see the apartment and make my choice. If i like it, i keep the keys and the money gets transfered to him.

Is this the proper procedure for doing things in certain circumstances, or am i being conned ?

Yes. You are being conned.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

Well-known con, much tried for renting city apartments. Run a mile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

I can send you some keys for 600
    you save 50%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Con.

Let the site which has this ad hosted know.

Usually the con artists take photos from other sites for the ad which has been a give away in previous instances.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Pop me a link to the add- and I'll show you exactly where he got the pictures from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Just do a google reverse image search on the daft ad pics and you'll see that he just copied the images from another apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

searched his name and address online. his address had been used several times to try to con people.

thanks everyone, knew it was too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did you ever think it was true ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Sounds like the guy a few months ago that also found a bargain on daft.ie. But the landlord needed the money wired to his lawyer in London

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Its an amazing 2 bed apartment for €600 per month including utilities and everything.

I didnt need to read any more than that to know that it was probably too good to be true...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Very common problem. Thread about it here.

Advertisement