Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a contract for renting....

Options
  • 03-09-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I want a contract for renting....
    My landlady sold the house and without telling anyone one day she comes and says to everyone in the house "You have one month notice".

So to avoid this situation again I would like to go for a contract for 1 year, but I don't know if it is possible for renting rooms, or if I do have to rent an house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Even without a contract you still have lots of rights.

Read about part-4 tenancies -> http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/types_of_tenancy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Third-Level Accommodation

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

srsly78 wrote: »
    Even without a contract you still have lots of rights.

Read about part-4 tenancies -> http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/types_of_tenancy.html

Sale of the property is a valid reason under the 2004 Act for issuance of vacation of tenancy.

OP- renting rooms is always going to be problematic under the Act- as you do not enjoy sole use of the property. If you were renting a property- as opposed to a room- you would have a contract which would spell out your obligations and those of your landlord, in addition to the everyday housekeeping associated with the property. Anything spelt out in a residential lease, is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any rights you may have under the 2004 Act.

Advertisement