Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would anyone know the name of this?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I'm writing this on behalf of someone who is eager to know the name of a story she read years ago. She really enjoyed it and has tried for ages to think of the name of it but just can't remember. So I'm hoping on her behalf someone here might know what it was.
    The story is centred around a young boy who is fascinated by this big house which is completely covered in ivy. One day he goes to the house and pushes some of the ivy away. He goes back day after day and takes another bit away till eventually he can see inside, and he sees this old man sitting there. Then after a while the old man comes out to talk to him and they become friends.
    I'd love to know the name of the book/writer in the hope I could buy it and give it to the lady as a surprise.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I don't think it's The Bongleweed by Helen Cresswell but I'll mention it just in case.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Thanks for replying. I looked up the story in this book but it doesn't seem to be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Do you know whether it was an Irish, English, American, story?

Tried searching there for you, playing with search terms on Google but had to luck finding the story.

Advertisement