Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Quick Carne Getaway

Options
  • 03-09-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

If anyone's interested in finding out what all the fuss is about with Carne Golf Club in Co Mayo... or you simply want to get back to one of the world's biggest links - they have some exceptional deals this month.

Stay at a four star boutique hotel (or other nearby hotels/B&Bs) for two nights, two breakfasts, one dinner and two rounds of golf.

Go on, how much do you reckon?

There's a one night package too, but the two night one includes golf on the new nine.

Details here
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Carne Golf Links
    Play & Stay Packages September Specials

Golf & Hotel accommodation in Belmullet
    Inclusive rates from:            
    1 B&B and 1 round of golf  - €69
    2 B&B, 2 rounds of golf and 1 dinner  - €158

Jesus there great prices. Speaking on behalf of someone who drove from Strandhill to Carne played 36 and drove back in the same day I would strongly recommendation to stay at least one night, really two would be the better option. To be honest the golf didn't tire me so much it was all that driving, even from Crossmolina it feels like a hell of a long way. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather, would have loved to have done more than just golf while in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Carne Golf Links
    Play & Stay Packages September Specials

Golf & Hotel accommodation in Belmullet
    Inclusive rates from:
    1 B&B and 1 round of golf - €69
    2 B&B, 2 rounds of golf and 1 dinner - €158

Jesus there great prices. Speaking on behalf of someone who drove from Strandhill to Carne played 36 and drove back in the same day I would strongly recommendation to stay at least one night, really two would be the better option. To be honest the golf didn't tire me so much it was all that driving, even from Crossmolina it feels like a hell of a long way. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather, would have loved to have done more than just golf while in the area.

Phenomenal value. I'd drive from Dublin for a bit of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

awesome course, its only an hour from me so played there many times and actually played there twice in the last week and its probably the hardest challenge i've faced on a golf course, the back nine being especially hard. that is awesome value. the golf alone is 40/50 euro a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

More like a golfing odyssey.

Some trip from east to there.

Would love to. But had a big year off the course. So can't see me doing it this year.
    But, on the to do list.

Why are all the best so far away ?
    It is a case , the links grass is greener on the other side, for the east coast lads.

Advertisement