Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MASSIVE FIRE on Mount Misery right now!

• 03-09-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Just spotted it walking down Quay, loads of fire brigade etc. there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Jesus - it is indeed pretty bad alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jakeinthebox

Been going for a good while now, saw it on the way back from tesco 10-15 minutes ago. Looks scarily close to the electricity tower though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Seems to be under control now but 'twas pretty big looking alright. Night time probably made it look worse than it maybe was though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ratedR

Just seen it myself on the way home from town to Ferrybank.

Oddly enough at around 2am last night I heard a massive explosion coming from that region. I'm living over close to the Golf Club entrance. It was followed up by 6 or 7 smaller bangs, almost like fireworks or gunshots.

There are electricity pylons up there isn't there ? Wonder is it all connected, even though there a big gap between the 2 occurrences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

1187188_416178011825961_194075303_n.jpg

1237048_416184295158666_942053635_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

0rt wrote: »
    1187188_416178011825961_194075303_n.jpg

1237048_416184295158666_942053635_n.jpg

Brilliant pics. Any word on whether anyone was hurt?

no ideas about the fire etc other than people talkin about it on fb.
    thats where the pics came from.

1170655_4797431472349_29844787_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Cycling past this morning there was some smell in Sallypark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Cycling past this morning there was some smell in Sallypark.

Looks like it wants to take off again - concentrated smoke (vs smouldering) rising now.

It been quiet a while since the gorse went on fire - it used to be a regular occurrence many moons ago.

• Advertisement

Jambo wrote: »
    Looks like it wants to take off again - concentrated smoke (vs smouldering) rising now.

It been quiet a while since the gorse went on fire - it used to be a regular occurrence many moons ago.
    I was only starting to get bright when I was passing, so couldn't see any smoke.
    Gorse smoulders for a long time AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I was only starting to get bright when I was passing, so couldn't see any smoke.
    Gorse smoulders for a long time AFAIK.

It has died down quiet a bit now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll get a heavy dose of rain tonight.

(what's that line of blue light?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

mike65 wrote: »
    (what's that line of blue light?)

Picture was taken with a long exposure, ie: over a period of seconds rather than instantly. In which case it catches all the light for those few seconds, and in this case what looks like a fire truck driving along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

So someone tried to burn down Co. Kilkenny? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

Picture was taken with a long exposure, ie: over a period of seconds rather than instantly. In which case it catches all the light for those few seconds, and in this case what looks like a fire truck driving along.

Nail on the head. They're my pics (the long exposure ones) :) Delighted to see them doing the rounds! The other pic is savage too, whoever took that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

0rt wrote: »
    1170655_4797431472349_29844787_n.jpg

I know it's surely not the case but in that pic it kinda looks like the poor fireman hasn't a clue and is just spraying a random bit of bush.

Someone told me that it's called Mount Misery because they used to hang people up there. Is that the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ziedth wrote: »
    I know it's surely not the case but in that pic it kinda looks like the poor fireman hasn't a clue and is just spraying a random bit of bush.

He's damping it down so it doesn't feed the fire! What we needed was a fly by

firefighting-plane-drops-water.jpg

TheVandal wrote: »
    Someone told me that it's called Mount Misery because they used to hang people up there. Is that the case?
    I was told it was called Mount Misery because it looks down over Waterford City. :p

• Advertisement

hahahahaha boooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i like mount misery looks neat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

I recently heard that hangings took place out on the grounds of Ardkeen Food Stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭jmcc

Thought that used to happen at Gallows Hill. (In the same area, I think).

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Nail on the head. They're my pics (the long exposure ones) :) Delighted to see them doing the rounds! The other pic is savage too, whoever took that!

Judging from your username (and the fact that you were taking pictures) I'd say if it was started deliberately we better send your details to the guards.

Nice pics by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Is there a pathway that allows you to walk up that mountain

hearny wrote: »
    Judging from your username (and the fact that you were taking pictures) I'd say if it was started deliberately we better send your details to the guards.

Nice pics by the way.

haha that would require a **** ton of effort. I live in Gracedieu and don't drive. I was too busy vegetating in front of netflix, officer. Just happy my camera had enough battery power for the 5 or 6 long exposure shots. And cheers chief! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was told that they used to hang people just down by the brewery, must ask again.

You used to be able to walk up there when there was a pub in Sallypark, not sure if you still can, the path may be private property.

Was it really set on fire naturally, didnt think it would be hot enough for that to happen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

ziedth wrote: »

Wow :rolleyes:

Advertisement