Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the leaving cert math

• 03-09-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Im repeating math exam this year but not going to schol for it as i plan to get grinds every week.

I just want to know is there a change in maths this year? I heard someone say their bringing in the whole project maths course and getting rid of the old syllabus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Apopholis

LC Maths Syllabus 2014

If you follow this syllabus in your grinds, and practice questions from each section you should be fine. :) I'd definitely recommend using the textbooks, rather than relying only on exam papers, due to the changes. Obviously using exam papers as well can do no harm, there will be elements that aren't changing, just make sure the questions you're doing are actually relevant

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

The terminology "Project Maths" should come to an indefinite end. It's simply Mathematics. Everything will be rolled out this year, last year they kept the whole Calculus section to the old syllabus. Although this year it's being overhauled in its entirety. You should be fine.

You could also check this thread out, where there's discussion about LC Mathematics in general, where I posted a link to the official 2014 syllabus on education.ie. There could also be other useful websites to visit if you need help.

Advertisement