Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autoclave

• 03-09-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Looking to buy an old autoclave / stovetop autoclave from a vet or otherwise..
    If anyone has anything knocking about can you please contact me.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

To ask a dumb question. Does it need to be in working order?

I may know of one going soon...but it's unreliable.There are auctions a few times a year for medical equipment that I know of.

I don't have details offhand, but if you PM me I can certainly help you out if you give me a few days, the guy who buys our autoclaves is on hols at the min ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

it dosent need to be up to medical spec as im using it to sterilise substrate to grow reishi mushrooms on..
    I suffer really bad with hayfever and Reishi mushrooms seem to be the only thing helping, they cost a bomb but you can grow them with ease once you sterilise your substrate.

Hence I figured that i might find an old one knocking about a vets etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

If you look in the Irish veterinary journal (I think it's available online) they often have ads for used equipment, X-rays and the like. I've not seen an autoclave advertised but it might be worth keeping an eye out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

OP as this is not an "Animal & Pet" related request I have no choice but to close your thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement