Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch SImon XT Frequencies

Options
  • 04-09-2013 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

Does any of you knowledgeable folk know if the USA spec 319.5mhz sensors will work with IRL alarm systems as installed by Phonewatch.
    They are a hell of a lot cheaper on ebay, but I have doubts on the frequency allocation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

them 319 MHz will not work on any simon or concorde panels there was a panel phonewatch installed pre 2000 but anything after that is 419mhz or 868 MHz

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you mean 433 MHz?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

I did of course haha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

whizbang wrote: »
    Does any of you knowledgeable folk know if the USA spec 319.5mhz sensors will work with IRL alarm systems as installed by Phonewatch.
    They are a hell of a lot cheaper on ebay, but I have doubts on the frequency allocation.

The Irish panel is 868, 319 will not work.

stuartkee wrote: »
    them 319 MHz will not work on any simon or concorde panels there was a panel phonewatch installed pre 2000 but anything after that is 419mhz or 868 MHz

With the concord panel you can add a 319 receiver to add the 319 sensors ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

Thanks folks, I am now thimking i can reposition 2 of the sensors. New question is can i hardwire the entry exit zone?
    Do i just trip the hardwired switch while in learn mode, and set EE group?

whizbang wrote: »
    Thanks folks, I am now thimking i can reposition 2 of the sensors. New question is can i hardwire the entry exit zone?
    Do i just trip the hardwired switch while in learn mode, and set EE group?

Any of the suppliers here have the wire free sensors you need in stock.
    I have seen a panel or two blown messing around trying to add wired devices to this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Yep you can easily add 2 wired zones to the system . You'll need a 47k resistor to supervise the sensors .

Advertisement