Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing up to broadband at a property which used Eircom broadband before

Options
  • 04-09-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi reps

I just moved into a rental property which the landlord has confirmed has used eFibre before, and which has the box installed. He says that all we need is wi-fi which plugs into a wall socket.

However, when I attempt to order the package, I am told that I need to arrange a date and time for an engineer to come out and install the box. If our landlord is correct, this amounts to somebody having to take the day off work to watch an engineer plug two cables into the wall. We can organise that if needs be, but we'd much prefer to accept delivery of the modem in our place of work and simply plug it in, if possible. 

I can PM you the address if you'd like, for checking. 

Many thanks,
    Cian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

slasher_65 wrote: »
    Hi reps

I just moved into a rental property which the landlord has confirmed has used eFibre before, and which has the box installed. He says that all we need is wi-fi which plugs into a wall socket.

However, when I attempt to order the package, I am told that I need to arrange a date and time for an engineer to come out and install the box. If our landlord is correct, this amounts to somebody having to take the day off work to watch an engineer plug two cables into the wall. We can organise that if needs be, but we'd much prefer to accept delivery of the modem in our place of work and simply plug it in, if possible. 

I can PM you the address if you'd like, for checking. 

Many thanks,
    Cian
    Hi slasher_65
    yes PM me the full address. I am surprised to hear yo uhad eFibre before, did he mean broadband?
    Tony

Advertisement