Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Pub has trad Irish music at the weekend

Options
  • 04-09-2013 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I have a few visitors from aboard this weekend and was wondering if there is any Pub in Wexford Town (or even a little bit outside) that has some trad' irish music on.
    I am not looking for a singer, who covers songs from the 80s/90s. I was thinking of more traditional Irish songs, even preferable a band.

I know the tourist season is over but maybe one of yous has a good idea on where to bring the guys. It can be either Saturday or/and Sunday.

Your help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Maggie Mays has trad music from Daithi Kavanagh and friends Sunday nights. I'm not sure if anywhere else has trad on a Saturday and Sunday but if your visitors do end up staying in Wexford an extra day there are great trad sessions in the Loch and Quay and Mocking Monck every Monday night. Hope that helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Bugler Doyles, both midweek and at the weekend nights I think.

Maggie Mays is for the unkempt <replaces monocle >

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Gaunty wrote: »
    Maggie Mays has trad music from Daithi Kavanagh and friends Sunday nights. I'm not sure if anywhere else has trad on a Saturday and Sunday but if your visitors do end up staying in Wexford an extra day there are great trad sessions in the Loch and Quay and Mocking Monck every Monday night. Hope that helps! :)

Where the Mocking Monck?? Loch and Quay a good spot, Sky and the Ground used to do music during the week but not sure whether they still do as not been there in a good while(Damn Fishchers hangovers take about 4 days to clear!!)

Maggies sessions usually start about 8pm on a Sunday....will be down there next weekend....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Hi there.

Thanks everyone for the info. I think I'll be settling for Maggie Mays. My visitors a OAP's and I don't think they would enjoy the Sky and the Ground ( too packed) .

I've heard its meant to be raining for the weekend, so if someone has any ideas where I can bring the folks let me know, feel free post. I dont want them out for a long period of time in the rain.
    (Hook head, loftus hall are already in on the list)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Sky not a good choice. Very little trad there. I believe the John Barry (small pub on the quay next to the Talbot Hotel) has trad at weekends but can't swear on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Sunday afternoon from I think about 12.30 the Centenary Stores has a great trad session. Plus if warm the music is outdoors. Very much an under appreciated weekly occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Copy2ofDSC05178_zpsd72f95ab.jpg

You won't beat the outdoor session at Centenary Stores , if you get the weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You won't beat the outdoor session at Centenary Stores , if you get the weather :)

And the wasps leave you alone !

Advertisement