Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Meetup (Accents Lounge, 19th October @ 7:30pm)

Options
  • 04-09-2013 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Original thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057009171

Some peeps from the forum are hoping to meet up for coffee and chat and the likes :)

All welcome of course

Details:
    Saturday 19th October @ 7:30pm
    Accents Lounge, 23 Stephen Street Lower
    Map on their website:
    http://accentslounge.wordpress.com/location/

Should be handy enough to get to for rural folk - just get into the city, find George Street (perpendicular to Dame Street), and it is 5 - 10 mins walk up there. One of the streets to the left.

Will you be there? 8 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    xzantiderealbadger[Deleted User]tunguskaemmabrighton[Deleted User]SunnyislandJoya 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

No
    I'll be there with bells on :)

No
    Damn, I was gonna wear my bells but now I can't cause xzanti's gonna be wearing the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

No
    I be there ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jazzyj1

hope to be there

No
    How we doing here ? hope a lot of us turn up as I am sure it be a great night ;-)

• Advertisement

No
    Haven't been around in a while everything still going ahead here...I hope.

No
    I certainly am :)

Looking forward to it.. hopefully we'll get a good turn out.. still early days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AndreaM84

Hi, hope to be there as well... I just moved here in Dublin but not really into pubs/getting drunk, looking forward to having fun with you guys&girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

I'm still on for it. This one may, actually happen!

No
    I'll be there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

No
    ill be there, need some time out :)

No
    I'm not sure if I can make this as something has come up but I will pop in if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

No
    hope to be there

No
    I am still on for it.

No
    Me too :)

No
    How will we recognise each other?

No
    How will we recognise each other?

:P I be the one slumbed over the table with a few empty bud cans around me :D

I'll be there too. It's funny really - we neither know each other's names nor how to recognise each other. In fact, I don't even know how to prounounce half your usernames. :)

How about we have a code word and carry a copy of the Irish Farmers Journal. ;)

No
    Lads I'm gonna have to bow out of this one as my Father in Law sadly passed away this morning..

If there's another one on, I'll be all over it.. was really looking forward to putting some faces to these names :(

Enjoy the evening folks.

No
    xzanti wrote: »
    Lads I'm gonna have to bow out of this one as my Father in Law sadly passed away this morning..

If there's another one on, I'll be all over it.. was really looking forward to putting some faces to these names :(

Enjoy the evening folks.

Sorry to here about your fil xzanti,May he rip.

Re the meetup we can get you next time .

• Advertisement

No
    Sorry to hear about your father in law xzanti.

I'm heading in, but am running late. Bit under the weather but determined! Still don't know how we will recognise each other!

No
    I went, but I didn't see anyone really, so I drank some tea and left. Went for a little walk. I hope no one else was left there alone waiting, too!

No
    I went, but I didn't see anyone really, so I drank some tea and left. Went for a little walk. I hope no one else was left there alone waiting, too!

:o budgese me and the lovely Hubba were there , where you the man that was sitting down near the end of the stairs ? Listening to your iPod. We were the couple :p sitting to your left, so sorry about that we were there for about three hours,we had a great auld laugh,

Hopefully we can do it again soon and maybe be a bit more organised,once again my apologies.:o

No
    I would love if there was another one.. we will all wear a red rose at the next one :D or a pioneer pin :pac:;)

No
    Budgese is a lady!
    I wasn't in great form anyway (feeling grand today) so it was ok. I think saw you guys alright (I was snapping the head off the poor waitress... but she was being kinda annoying) but I assumed you were just a couple out for the evening! The inability to organise a p*ss up in a brewery came to mind (and made me start laughing too).

Hi budgese, what a pity we didn't connect - at least you know what we look like for next time. :)

And great to meet you, Realies, great to put a face to all those wise words. Loved the chat.

Everyone else - now that we have broken the ice, how about we have another one soon enough, at least before Christmas? Any takers? We could do a Thursday instead of Saturday if that suits better.

No
    I have a class that I take on Thursdays.. but any other night I'd be very happy to go along :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I read this forum regularly as I find it inspiring how you all help each other out and offer encouragement :)

I hope you don't mind me posting here - on the meet up, it might be a good idea to put something on the table ye are all sitting at, e.g at a meet I organised recently we had a plastic pumpkin on the table and we also posted in the event thread on the night more or less where we were sitting in the venue. Hopefully someone can do something like that for your next one :)

miamee wrote: »
    I read this forum regularly as I find it inspiring how you all help each other out and offer encouragement :)

I hope you don't mind me posting here - on the meet up, it might be a good idea to put something on the table ye are all sitting at, e.g at a meet I organised recently we had a plastic pumpkin on the table and we also posted in the event thread on the night more or less where we were sitting in the venue. Hopefully someone can do something like that for your next one :)

Great idea, thanks!

• Advertisement

No
    Ok and I hope I amnot to pushy, when would a meetup suit everyone interested in going, Thursdays are out,any ideas anyone ?

Advertisement