Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicking username at top right hand corner

Options
  • 04-09-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that when I'm using OS X with chrome, if I click my username I get into visitor messages but using the same browser on Windows 8 nothing happens.
    Windows 8 requires me to select something from the drop down menu.
    A minuscule gripe, but what's that all about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

clicking my username brings me to this - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=4884 - which was always the case when clicking on a username

win8+chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

kaimera wrote: »
    clicking my username brings me to this - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=4884 - which was always the case when clicking on a username

win8+chrome

Really strange, when I right click and open in a new tab that's what I'm getting too.
    But on the two different PCs I use with Windows 8 it does nothing left clicking here. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Really strange, when I right click and open in a new tab that's what I'm getting too.
    But on the two different PCs I use with Windows 8 it does nothing left clicking here. :confused:
    Possible chrome addon causing probs?

Maybe move this to "site development" and the crew there can help

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Using Windows 8 and FF, brings me to my profile as normal

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Doesn't work at all with ipad3 / safari.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

I'll move this into Site Dev for the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'll move this into Site Dev for the lads.
    Yup sorry I forgot this should have gone in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

I've noticed that when I'm using OS X with chrome, if I click my username I get into visitor messages but using the same browser on Windows 8 nothing happens.
    Windows 8 requires me to select something from the drop down menu.
    A minuscule gripe, but what's that all about?

I can't recreate the above on any desktop setup here unfortunately (OSX / Win8 / Mint using FF / Chrome / Safari / IE). Odd one..
    Doesn't work at all with ipad3 / safari.

I'll see if I can dig out an iPad and take a look.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I can't recreate the above on any desktop setup here unfortunately (OSX / Win8 / Mint using FF / Chrome / Safari / IE). Odd one..

I'll see if I can dig out an iPad and take a look.

Get Dav to buy you a couple.

Interestingly enough, if you enter in your password wrong once and it takes you to the login screen again, that always seems to completely lock things up for aaaaages.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement