Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best retail credit card system?

Options
  • 04-09-2013 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Hi I run a couple of small business's and do have need to accept credit cards in all of them, but the costs with a small turnover are crazy, I have looked at Sumup but they don't take Mastercard (wtf) , I am looking at Stripe at the moment but a bit afraid of it technologically speaking, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

SumUp have Mastercard all over their homepage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

stripe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Sorry VISA they can't do not mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Sorry VISA they can't do not mastercard
    Where are you getting this information?
    Have you checked out their website or are you imagining things?

https://sumup.ie/product/
    Right there its says both MasterCard and Visa.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Where are you getting this information?
    Have you checked out their website or are you imagining things?

https://sumup.ie/product/
    Right there its says both MasterCard and Visa.

Last time I checked, one of the card types involved redirecting the user to a web page to make a payment. Not ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I use syspay. Have a snazzy little bluetooth chip and pin device instead of it being attached to a phone which I think looks a lot better. It doesn't take laser but we've only had a couple of people try to pay with laser and both times they have had visa or mastercard as well anyway. 1.99% on cc and 49c on debit and I think the monthly is as low as €9.99 if you take it for long enough. I have found the customer service superb as well.

Advertisement