Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1H 2014 Technic Sets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Has anyone bought any of the new 2014 sets?, i was thinking about buying the new hotrod 42022....but it seems overpriced at 37 Euro!....the part count is decent, 414.....but the final model looks pretty small with few functions. Even 420024 with 948 pieces seems WAY overpriced!, last years 9395 had more pieces, had more funvtions and was 25 EURO less!

Having said that, i am thinking about picking up both sets this week as i love building Technic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

jenjenten wrote: »
    Has anyone bought any of the new 2014 sets?, i was thinking about buying the new hotrod 42022....but it seems overpriced at 37 Euro!....the part count is decent, 414.....but the final model looks pretty small with few functions. Even 420024 with 948 pieces seems WAY overpriced!, last years 9395 had more pieces, had more funvtions and was 25 EURO less!

Having said that, i am thinking about picking up both sets this week as i love building Technic!

I got the little helicopter for €10 to get free shipping. It's small but there's more to it than last years €10 model (off road racer)

sullivlo wrote: »
    I got the little helicopter for €10 to get free shipping. It's small but there's more to it than last years €10 model (off road racer)

i bought the skip truck today....75 euro...fiver more then the lego shop :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

To be fair there is only €10 in the different in RRPs of those two sets, there is only 6 pieces more in 9395, but 42024 has two Linear Actuators, a Linear Aktuator, 4 flat panels and two extra wheels, these are all expensive parts that make up the difference in price. IMO 42024 is much better value than 9395.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Cargo plane can be ordered in Argos for collection Friday

• Advertisement

I bought the new roadster today, 414 parts....got 42024 as well....waiting for the cargo plane to come into stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Front end looks a bit ****e compared to the rear. Overall, I'm fairly meh on it, not really that big a fan of RC technic anyway because i always think the detail suffers for the price. This could be one of the most underwhelming years in technic in a long time IMHO.

Really struggling to justify the plane also. The cost is far too high. I do love technic aircraft though.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Will likely buy the Volvo. A double remote control!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well... I am sad panda. Mk2 Crane looks like a masterpiece now.

I still might pick up that volvo yoke for motors and actuators alone. Depends on price though.It being licensed set I can easily see a 180-200eu tags.

Now trophy truck is total mess. It looks like it is all over the place. I was looking forward to it, but it does just looks ugly. :( Knowing last year's h2 models were revised since this time last year.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Will likely buy the Volvo. A double remote control!

I wonder if we know what motors do we get and are those v2 IR receivers.

I believe the Volvo will be €200 or so the rumours have it. There are quite a few RC/Motor parts in it, 2 x remotes, 2 x IR receivers and 4 different motors.

I'm eager to see what the b model will be like for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

have to say I quite like it, but don't own any of the recent large technic sets, so who knows if I will get this one,

I believe the Volvo will be €200 or so the rumours have it. There are quite a few RC/Motor parts in it, 2 x remotes, 2 x IR receivers and 4 different motors.

Indeed, all those motors and other bits that go with them are very yummy. Most likely it will be 1 servo and 3 large or 2 large and 1 med motors.
    The rc function really makes me look in to it seriously, but it is quite ugly vehicle. They could have at least taken different colour.

I saw a picture somewhere of a close up of the box with power elements, I think it was 1 XL motor, 1 Servo, 1 standard motor plus one other that I can't recall, it was def. 4 different motors though.

I saw a picture somewhere of a close up of the box with power elements, I think it was 1 XL motor, 1 Servo, 1 standard motor plus one other that I can't recall, it was def. 4 different motors though.

1x servo
    1x Medium
    1x Large
    1x XLarge

2xIR receivers, but those have to be V2, which is very good.

I am afraid event thinking of a price tag, but it does have a good selection of motors and parts. Yellow parts, but still parts.

It has an M/L/XL/Servo motor....2 IR + battery box and two IR remotes.....deffo 200+.....probably 1200 parts....maybe less.

1626 pieces.....200 Euro.....so Smyths will jack it up to 220 u can bet!......the 42008 service truck is 20 quid dearer then the lego shop!!

I wonder if we know what motors do we get and are those v2 IR receivers.

I don't know but for the motors alone (& RC function) I reckon it will be worth the €200. I'm really starting to investigate MOC'ing! Would prefer a blue colour though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Has anybody gotten the logging truck?

Has anybody gotten the logging truck?

I bought one at the weekend!.....its awesome!....though strangely the 42008 service truck has more LA and mini pnumatics....almost the same part count, but has a smaller box and cheaper then the logging truck :confused:

Good image of the new dozer out, it looks a bit smaller than I was expecting

ZrSsZ1L.png

looks to be the same size/part count of the 42006 b model. 50 or 60 i would say. the red truck looks to be 100 quid!

Good image of the new dozer out, it looks a bit smaller than I was expecting

ZrSsZ1L.png

I have bought most of the 1H sets now....just got 42027, lots of panels!, just missing the construction crew and the big plane. For some reason the cargo plane is not in Smyrhs yet?

Argos have it so perhaps it's an exclusive for them.

Also I wouldn't be in a rush to run out and buy everything, wait for the sales to come along, Argos will have 3/2(or should have) at some point in the near future.

Argos have it so perhaps it's an exclusive for them.

Also I wouldn't be in a rush to run out and buy everything, wait for the sales to come along, Argos will have 3/2(or should have) at some point in the near future.

shockingly enough 2013 Technic sets never got a good sale... I am still waiting :(. Whats up with that? Did 2013 technic line did better then expected, so they dont bother with sales?

I have bought most of the 1H sets now....just got 42027, lots of panels!, just missing the construction crew and the big plane. For some reason the cargo plane is not in Smyrhs yet?
    Cargo plane is exclusive to Argos and has to be ordered to store.

Prices fluctuate wildly throughout the year, we really need one of the retailers to start a sale and the other follow suit. this time last year Argos has the MKII crane at well over RRP but then reduced it later in the year, Smyths were also selling it for 150 for a while.

If Argos do 3/2 Amazon usually aren't that far behind with their discounts. Problem with Argos is getting other sets that you want, as part of their 3/2.

I think It was April of last year before the discounts started happening, and that was Smyths 20% off offer around Easter.

• Advertisement

Just want to recomend the B model for the 42026/42027 combi!
    Much better then the A models....300 pices, looks class!

42026_B1.jpg

Advertisement