Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are these people legit?

Options
  • 04-09-2013 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. I got a phone call from these guys http://www.purplepigclaims.co.uk/
    claiming they can get money back for mis sold ppi. They got €99 from my bank to set up and I was to get forms by email but I never got them. I rang them yesterday and she said she would post them. I am very doubtful about these guys as when I got the first phone call I was told it was Park Lane Finance.
    I would really appreciate any advice. Have I been duped?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Purple Pig Claims is a trading name for Park Lane Financial Services S.L.
    regulated by the Ministry of Justice in respect of regulated claims management activities CRM14104

As it appears on the footer of their website.
    It may or may not be legit but i have a habbit of judging business on the state if their website - if they cant get that right that I would expect lack of detail throughout - Obviously this is a sweeping judgment.

Looking at their site - it's horrible and wouldn't trust them with a penny of my money

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

It may or may not be legit but i have a habbit of judging business on the state if their website - if they cant get that right that I would expect lack of detail throughout - Obviously this is a sweeping judgment.

Looking at their site - it's horrible and wouldn't trust them with a penny of my money

Fully in agreement with that. They look dodgier than a 3 pound note!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

you gave someone who called you some of your bank details / card details and authorised them to take money from you?

ah come on now...

cancel your card NOW and tell the bank you did not give them permission.

and then NEVER EVER give bank or card details to anyone who just calls you out of the blue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

if you give me your bank details

I can check it out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

sure.. its 1234567890
    I feel bad enough without being mad fun of. glad you find it funny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I would post this (or ask for this post to be moved) to the consumer issues forum. If I were you I'd be looking into getting a refund or seeing if there's a ligitimate reason I could request a chargeback on the original payment (none delivery of service perhaps).

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

gubby wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. I got a phone call from these guys http://www.purplepigclaims.co.uk/
    claiming they can get money back for mis sold ppi. They got €99 from my bank to set up and I was to get forms by email but I never got them. I rang them yesterday and she said she would post them. I am very doubtful about these guys as when I got the first phone call I was told it was Park Lane Finance.
    I would really appreciate any advice. Have I been duped?:mad:

Hi I was contacted by these people today and just wondering how you got on with them "did you get duped"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

This is Ireland - a TOTALLY different regulatory regime to the UK, so i can't see how a UK company can give advice to someone in Ireland.

Also the PPI mis-selling did happen in Ireland, but in a much smaller way and I'm sure if you checked there will be an easy way to find out yourself if you were mis-sold.

Mis-selling would only apply that if you had to make a claim that the claim would be invalid. Therefore the product should not have been sold to you. An example would be a self employed person who suddenly lost a contract or their company closed - as you were not an employee, you could not claim for unemployment under PPI rules, hence you should not have been sold it and due a refund.

If however you had a regular paye job, it would be difficult to see how it was mis-sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Mac1960 I actually now believe that I was not duped as such. however, I believe one could do this for themselves by using Eddie Hobbs letter here [URL=http://www.rte.ie/tv/theconsumershow/prog1.html[/URL]
    or here http://http://www.moneyguideireland.com/category/ppi
    I have used Eddies letter but I'm thinking as I already paid those other guys 99 euro I may go ahead with them. however, if you can do it yourself you would save yourself the 20% they take from your money

Advertisement