Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everybody...

• 04-09-2013 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Please say hi & welcome along cdeb & reunion as this forums new mod team. Now that the forum has moved from being a strategy subforum, to a top tier position in the category, it meant the existing mods remained with Strategy. So thank you to outgoing Chess mods Rev Hellfire & cherryghost for the help & contributions over the years!

Congrats cdeb & reunion :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Excellent choices!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Welcome guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Hello!

Going to work out the new buttons this evening, so everyone's on their word to behave until then. :)

New rules will include an automatic banning for 1. d4 players, while any posts over 5,000 words long will be run through Microsoft Word's AutoSummary feature. Positions and tactics from games in which I lost will be reposted with colours reversed.

*Serious bit*

I'm told we have to cut the stickies to 3 from the current 5; this is to facilitate people who can't afford a proper laptop and have those telephone things for the internet. Myself and reunion have been talking about it, and we reckon the best is to drop the two old league threads entirely, drop the "Advice for newbies" and link it in from the "Useful links" thread and then look at starting a new league if there's any interest. Again, will get on that this evening when I've worked out the buttons, unless reunion beats me to it.

Other than that, if anyone has any suggestions, shout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

So the stickies are no more.

I think it might be best to wait a couple of weeks for the Leinster leagues to start up before seeing if there's any interest in a boards league. The leagues may generate more footfall.

Advertisement