Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to contact?

Options
  • 04-09-2013 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with my account.
    I transfered some money to a Tesco credit card(UK) from my STG account wich didn't arrive.
    Was told by B365 that  they would start to investigate it yesterday.
    Rang today to see if there was an update and was told there was no 'note' on my account, and that they woud start an investigation today.

Is there a contact number for the office that deals with this?
    Rather than having to go through B365 again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dobsdave,

Apologies that you have had to make additional calls to have this investigated. 

When we initiate a trace on a payment it can take several days before we would have any update on it. The query would be sent to the other bank and then both banks would work together to resolve as soon as possible. As soon as we do receive an update from the other bank, the investigations team will make contact with you to advise. 

Unfortunately the investigations team do not take inbound calls. If you would like us to arrange for a representative from Banking365 to give you a quick call, to confirm the trace has been initiated, please pm us with your name, branch name and contact phone number.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks for the reply,

I sent a PM but maybe you could answer it here,

The beneficiary is looking for a 'clearing trace' to be faxed through to them.
    The person in B365 who called me back said they were sending me proof by post, but is that too quick for a clearing trace to be completed? (1 day)
    You said " As soon as we do receive an update from the other bank", but if the BOI 'investigation' is complete, how is it that the beneficiary was unaware.

Getting very confused at this stage.
    Hi dobsdave,

Apologies that you have had to make additional calls to have this investigated. 

When we initiate a trace on a payment it can take several days before we would have any update on it. The query would be sent to the other bank and then both banks would work together to resolve as soon as possible. As soon as we do receive an update from the other bank, the investigations team will make contact with you to advise. 

Unfortunately the investigations team do not take inbound calls. If you would like us to arrange for a representative from Banking365 to give you a quick call, to confirm the trace has been initiated, please pm us with your name, branch name and contact phone number.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dobsdave,

Sounds like this is getting resolved quite quickly for you which is good to hear.

The proof of payment will show the account details your transfer was sent to along with the reference you provided on the payee details. 

It could be a case that the credit is in the payee's account but they cannot recognise it as coming from you. This really depends on what reference they require you to use. Although, as we don't have account access here, this is just a suggestion and your credit card provider can clarify this for you.

If you do need any further updates from our side, please contact Banking365 and a representative can check the notes on your account.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement