Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever used a projector with Ipad?

• 04-09-2013 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

More specifically one such as below

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/pocket-projector/179840/cat/

I was just wondering if this will work with apps such as Sky Go while connected to a speaker system as i generally end up watching games etc on my ipad through this app.

Anyone have any experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

the kelt wrote: »
    More specifically one such as below

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/pocket-projector/179840/cat/

I was just wondering if this will work with apps such as Sky Go while connected to a speaker system as i generally end up watching games etc on my ipad through this app.

Anyone have any experience?

Sky Go won't play through a connected display or projector unless the iPad is jailbroken. The projector will work fine with the correct VGA/HDMI connector for anything else. I have had my iPad working with 8 or 10 different projectors for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

whiterebel wrote: »
    Sky Go won't play through a connected display or projector unless the iPad is jailbroken. The projector will work fine with the correct VGA/HDMI connector for anything else. I have had my iPad working with 8 or 10 different projectors for work.

But Sky Go won't work on a jail broken iPad. So no sky go won't work on your projector. Netflix and a few others will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Thanks for the replies lads. Sky Go is quite restrictive which can be a pain sometimes!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

But Sky Go won't work on a jail broken iPad. So no sky go won't work on your projector. Netflix and a few others will though.

You're right. I never use Sky Go, but Sky Sports TV does work on a jailbroken phone/iPad so I thought they all would.

Advertisement