Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings - RTE Orchestra - October

Options
  • 04-09-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been to one of these before and if they're worth going to? Is it just music or is the dialogue there too? Would love to go to it if its the movie soundtrack being played live over the dialogue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Think the movie plays on a huge screen and the soundtrack is played live by the orchestra, I'm open to correction, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Movie plays on a large screen with subtitles showing on the bottom of the screen.
    You can still hear the dialogue but the orchestra is playing all of the score live and they also have solo singers for some of the scenes.
    Well worth going to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Thanks for the replies think I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The whole thing is very enjoyable, it's pretty much a reversal of watching a standard movie in that the movie provides the backdrop to the music. The O2 isn't as good a venue as the Grand Canal Theatre was for the Fellowship of the Ring for numerous reasons but it's still a great production. Disappointed that I can't go this year as I'm out of the country :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I got tickets for this over the weekend. Looking forward to it now. Should be a great night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I went to the first one in the Grand Canal and it was fantastic - sadly couldn't make more because of other events but you won't regret it although not sure the O2 will be as good as the Grand Canal.

Edit: found a photo I took as they were getting ready to start so will give you an idea of the set up :)

309763_1641562414499_1170896741_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

The O2 was a let down after the NCH, because the music was being fed through the sound system. It took away from the live feel of the music. Still going again this year. Family outing- better than a panto.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Really looking forward to this performance.

Came home last year and put on the film again straight away!...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Going to this tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

How'd it go?

• Advertisement
Advertisement