Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3

Options
  • 04-09-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

In the market for a Playstation 3 (has to be new and ideally the 500GB version with 2 controllers) and wondered if anyone knew of deals out there - checked Smyths/Argos/Amazon - looks like Amazon is the best value at STG£239 for a blue 500GB model.

Cheers,

Rob

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

buy ps 4

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

hmv is reopening on henry street tomorrow at 9am. Suppose to be up to 150 off consoles. Worth a look if your around

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭robbe

Thanks for the tip - wasn't planning to be near there but might pop in if there are bargains to be had - will keep any eye out to see if anyone has been in for a look around - can't see anything from them online talking about offers (checked their official twitter account etc).

Cheers,

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

tkd93 wrote: »
    hmv is reopening on henry street tomorrow at 9am. Suppose to be up to 150 off consoles. Worth a look if your around

Popped in this morning. "Cheapest" PS3 available was a PS3 Slim 120Gb for €199, so little or no reduction IMO

Best deal I have seen is €250 for a 500Gb white PS3 Super Slim in Gamestop

Prices everywhere seem to be c.€200 for the 12Gb Super Slim and c.€300 for the 500Gb

Littlewoods have a 500Gb with three games (including Lost Planet 3) for €279. There are 10% off codes knocking around so might be worth a look. Would be €251.10 delivered

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/playstation-3-500gb-console-with-gt5-academy-uncharted-3-game-of-the-year-and-lost-planet-3/1188206238.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fps3+console

Thanks for that - saved me a wasted trip! Saw the gamestop deal which was the best I'd seen - didn't cop the littlewoods one (will check if it has 2 controllers which the Gamestop one does) and happy days if it does - 3 free games,

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-500GB-Super-Console/dp/B009DL2TBA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1378476172&sr=8-4&keywords=ps3

Sony PlayStation 3 Super Slim Console 500GB
    (Buy a bundle and get The Last of Us free with this console):
    £199.00 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery.

or

Sony PlayStation 3 Super Slim Console 500GB with GTAV
    £229.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery.

Thanks - had seen that alright - ps3 is a present for a kid so not sure either GTA or Last of Us would be suitable....the €199 console only had 1 remote so roughly the same as the Gamestop offer when you take everything into account - thanks for pointing it out though - last thing I wanted was to buy and then see an offer somewhere €50 less than I paid!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

robbe wrote: »
    Thanks - had seen that alright - ps3 is a present for a kid so not sure either GTA or Last of Us would be suitable....the €199 console only had 1 remote so roughly the same as the Gamestop offer when you take everything into account - thanks for pointing it out though - last thing I wanted was to buy and then see an offer somewhere €50 less than I paid!

Cheers

The first option comes with no games. you have to click on bundle and buy something else to get The Last of Us. Your welcome.

Advertisement