Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Landline

Options
  • 04-09-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Hi
    We recently Renovated an old house. When we went to get the landline reactiated we were told that the line was badly damaged. The damage is somewhere between our boundary wall and the Eircom point in the house - a distance on about 30 metres of underground ducting. No idea where its even running!A Is it Eircoms or my responsibility to reopen the trench to fix the wire?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi
    We recently Renovated an old house. When we went to get the landline reactiated we were told that the line was badly damaged. The damage is somewhere between our boundary wall and the Eircom point in the house - a distance on about 30 metres of underground ducting. No idea where its even running!A Is it Eircoms or my responsibility to reopen the trench to fix the wire?

Thanks
    Hi Citizenpain
    I would need more info to be able to advise on this. Could you PM me exact address details. Who advised you that the line was badly damaged and do you know how it was damaged?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Hi Tony

Not sure why you need an address - It's just a general query .

If its my responsibility to dig I dont mind but the builder that renovated the house says that it should really be Eircom doing the digging. So I figured there was no harm in asking

Eircom Tech diagnosed that the line is badly damaged and that it was up to me to dig . I've no idea when/how the line was damaged - It could have happened anytime in the last number of years before I purchased it; or it could have happened during the renovation but builder says he didnt touch the line.

Really just want to know if the Tech was right in saying that it's up to me to dig

Advertisement