Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Xperia Z1 to be announced in a couple of hours.... does anyone care?

• 04-09-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

The specs have leaked and it will be offically announced today, but no one is talking about it? Sony should start copying samsung, who copied apple in generating pre launch hype.

I love my Z so i'm interested to see what the Z1 will be like....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The specs have leaked and it will be offically announced today, but no one is talking about it? Sony should start copying samsung, who copied apple in generating pre launch hype.

I love my Z so i'm interested to see what the Z1 will be like....

Sadly I doubt many people are.

Sony will now have released a 3rd or 4th flagship phone in a year, which is ridiculous, from the Xperia S, to the T, then the Z just a few months ago and now the Z1, and I've lost count of the amount of budget phones they've released since December alone.

It's sad because I quite like the Z as a device, but the look of it as a rather large blocky device is generally off-putting for most of my customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Sadly I doubt many people are.

Sony will now have released a 3rd or 4th flagship phone in a year

i thought the s and t were one year, and the z the next. i dont think they did 3 in a year.

i thought the s and t were one year, and the z the next. i dont think they did 3 in a year.

I mean more in the space of a year, not a calendar year.

With that said:

Xperia Z1 announced.

Specs look like a decent upgrade, nothing massive though.

Again with the massive square bezel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

So does this mean Sony will drop updates for the z?
    What a kick in the nuts for people who bought the z if this is the case

wilser wrote: »
    So does this mean Sony will drop updates for the z?
    What a kick in the nuts for people who bought the z if this is the case

I doubt it, they'll wait till it's closer to a full year before they even think of that.

Most companies are slow to stop supporting their former flagship phones after a new one is released.

Even I have to admit, it's one of the rare times Apple is better than some Android OEM's.

• Advertisement

Nice looking device, i have to admit. i have no problem with the square bezel design.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metaxaaa

I really like z1 and hope what three get this device is amazing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

im liking what im seeing so far, more interest in this than any of the Samsung crap today. surprised more people dont consider these over htc one and Gs4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

projectgtr wrote: »
    im liking what im seeing so far, more interest in this than any of the Samsung crap today. surprised more people dont consider these over htc one and Gs4.

Spot on.
    I just sold my Z as it was time for a change, I think the Z1 is well worth waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Yea I'm very interested. Hanging on in here with my Samsung S2. There's also a Z1 mini (4.3") which has the same camera and could be a contender if it comes out

• Advertisement

Very curious to see if people will adopt the live facebook broadcast.

Very curious to see if people will adopt the live facebook broadcast.

I reckon people would, but only really on an iPhone or Samsung.

It's a shame, because that seems like a great feature if used well and widely, but with Sony having such a small market I don't really see it taking off massively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

Was considering a move from iOS to a Note 3, but I love the look of the Xperia Z1.

I never would've considered a Sony Xperia before. I love the square look and reckon it would look cool in white! :)

Also a 3000mAh battery is a big plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

I'm liking the look of the z1. Still using my s2, and this looks to be the phone for me to make the move on an upgrade.

The camera features look really good. I can see sony becoming a top player in the next few years.

I like the shape, not mad on the square bezel, it just seems like a waste of space, why not stick the touch buttons down there.

Anyhow that certainly wouldn't put me off the phone.

Some people have been saying the Sony firmware isn't very good at all.

I've never used it myself so I really don't know.

Locked down bootloader too...It's quite a heavy phone too, but that's to be expected given the materials and size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

Locked down bootloader too...It's quite a heavy phone too, but that's to be expected given the materials and size.
    It's not necessarily a locked bootloader. And it's already rooted.
    Sony used to be slow in updating firmware but they are getting better at releases now

It's between this and the S4....Hmm...

I'd take the sony firmware over samsungs touchwiz any day of the week, and i've used both.

I'd take the sony firmware over samsungs touchwiz any day of the week, and i've used both.

I'll probably use a different launcher and icon pack anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

It is not their firmware, it is the fact that they let you hang to dry with the software updates plus the fact that they are released on average 1 year later than the release date from Google.

• Advertisement

gzoladz wrote: »
    It is not their firmware, it is the fact that they let you hang to dry with the software updates plus the fact that they are released on average 1 year later than the release date from Google.

I'd rather have late, stable updates that arent a million miles from stock android than laggy annoying touchwiz.

Advertisement