Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dont ever go with 123.ie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

bcmf wrote: »
    Workmate was with 123.ie.
    Got his renewal last week. It went from something like €400 to €1200 with no changes at all.

What happens when they get an 'anonymous' quote directly in the website, using same-ish details?
    Woooj wrote: »

Funny thing is - if i would be paying on monthly basis - they wouldnt even say a word, as i could cancel direct debit anytime. But because i paid for whole year in advance, they decided to charge me more.

( at least it looks like it to me)

Do you think getting insurance is easy with a cancelled policy on your record?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Woooj

If you are not happy with a insurer you can just walk away. You pay cancellation fee, and yes, you can just switch insurer.
    You dont have to tell them the reason you are switching. They dont have to even know you were with someone else for xxx number of months.Other companies will be happy to have you.

You are loosing on no claims bonus ( these few months you were with someone wojnt give you paper needed for next years ncb), but still - you dont have to bend over when you dont pay up front. They kind of "treat you better" if you know what i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Woooj wrote: »
    If you are not happy with a insurer you can just walk away. You pay cancellation fee, and yes, you can just switch insurer.
    You dont have to tell them the reason you are switching. They dont have to even know you were with someone else for xxx number of months.Other companies will be happy to have you.

You are loosing on no claims bonus ( these few months you were with someone wojnt give you paper needed for next years ncb), but still - you dont have to bend over when you dont pay up front. They kind of "treat you better" if you know what i mean.

That's ok Woooj but 123.ie are a joke.

My policy is up for renewal - it was 400€ last year and I've got a quote of 1000€, no changes, no accidents, 1 more year on a no-claim basis. Decided to ring them and they said they are very sorry but that is what the quotation was...end of.

BUT, I had already got a quotation from them last night for the exact same details for €320 so it was clearly a lie.

Not very happy, to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

They are the Ryanair of Insurance brokers.

They are an Insurance Company - Royal Sun Alliance own them - Brokers are not tied to 1 company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

story about 123.ie - I'm a broker - girl came into office. She passed her driving test during the year - contacted 123.ie and advised them she had passed. They gave no refund and charged her €40 for the alteration!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

this yr my renewal was 320 TPFT for a 1.4 almeara (123.ie) so i did a quick quote online and got it for 252 Euro fully comp with all the extras, so grabbed it. thoughtit was a mistake but all paperwork checked out ok, cost an extra 12euro to go direct debit !!! so around 265 all inn
    Cant complain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

advertsfox wrote: »
    I've with with Insure.ie for 4 years now (Aviva's the broker) and got the letter informing me all new renewals are through 123.ie - not looking forward to my quote now.
    AVIVA is an insurance company. insure.ie and aoninsure.ie are brokers whose general insurance business has transferred to 123.ie. I was with aoninsure.ie last year.
    jinkybhoy wrote: »
    ...Brokers are not tied to 1 company.
    Brokers can be tied to just 1 company. Bank of Ireland is a tied broker for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

mathepac wrote: »
    jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Brokers can be tied to just 1 company. Bank of Ireland is a tied broker for example.

yes, some brokers have sole insurance firms that they recommend even if there is a cheaper quotation for another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

. Doing a temp sub onto another car is 5 mins work max. Its not €40 worth of an admin charge.

That's right, it's not. 123 charge €10 for a temporary substitution, not 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

. Doing a temp sub onto another car is 5 mins work max. Its not €40 worth of an admin charge.

That's right, it's not. 123 charge €10 for a temporary substitution, not 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭babydoc

My sisters car insurance renewal with 123.ie was 770€...

I set up a new policy with 123.ie and entered the exact same details with full no claims bonus protection, 515€ a saving of 255€..

Total disgrace and a complete and utter rip off for existing customers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement