Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress help

Options
  • 04-09-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Starting to learn Wordpress. At the moment I'm converting my static website into Wordpress. One thing I can't figure out is how to get content into multiple div's, I don't want to write the html in the editor.

For example I have three divs and I want each to have their own unique content. example of layout

When I edit the content in the Pages tab on the dashboard I only see one area where I can edit content. How do I separate the content so that it goes into the correct divs?

Thanks for your help :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You'll need to include the containers yourself in the source editor, or add two custom fields to the posts type. The former is simple but tedious, the latter more complex but easier long term.

EDIT: You could use the excerpt for one field, but it's not really a correct use of the field. If you're adding one custom field, you might as well add two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

redman85 wrote: »
    For example I have three divs and I want each to have their own unique content. example of layout

What theme are you using for your WordPress site?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Graham wrote: »
    What theme are you using for your WordPress site?

I'm not using a theme converting one of my own sites I have

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

rovoagho wrote: »
    You'll need to include the containers yourself in the source editor, or add two custom fields to the posts type. The former is simple but tedious, the latter more complex but easier long term.

EDIT: You could use the excerpt for one field, but it's not really a correct use of the field. If you're adding one custom field, you might as well add two.

I actually did this using this plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/secondary-html-content/ and then edited the source code (here) and that worked but I thought there had to be a better way because each page will have a different layout.

My content also seems to be wrapped in a <p> tags. Anyway to get the get rid of the tags?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

If groups of pages or posts will have different layouts, you can use templates. If every page will have a different layout, well, that'd be bonkers, but you'd need to use the stock editor as best you can, or an external editor better suited to your needs to generate the HTML.

If you search the plugin directory for wpautop, you should find something that'll disable the wrapper function.

• Advertisement
Advertisement