Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving to Ontario from Albany

Options
  • 04-09-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm visiting NY for a week and was thinking of driving up to Ontario for 2 days.

Could there be visa issues going across the border?

Cheers
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Irish nationals just need their passport to cross the border into Canada. No visa is required for a 2 day visit. Just bring a print out of your flight details back to Ireland in case you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Thanks JohnMearsheimer, appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I did a similar drive 2 years ago NYc to Niagara falls then back to Boston, we were just asked for passports and the purpose of our visit and how long we would be there, didnt take long we entered via the rainbow bridge, the drive up there is not very interesting though so we stopped off at OCC to look at the bikes, broke up the journey and well worth a visit if you are into that kinda thing. don't smuggle too many cuban cigars back into the states though. :D

some rentals may not cover taking the car out of the states though, so best to check first.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Do you have a specific reason for going to Ontario? Montreal would be a better time from what I have heard, and would probably be a couple of hours closer too.

Check with the rental car company-Good advice.

Advertisement