Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Pavilion G6-2399sa - Advice?

Options
  • 04-09-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm considering buying this laptop for €519.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/HP-Pavilion-G62399sa-156andrdquo-Laptop-White/319464/7.36

My current laptop is old and needs replacing after 3 years of excessive use. This one seems to suit my needs but i'm no expert and would appreciate any reviews or thoughts on it?

I use my laptop a lot but mainly for college work, surfing the net (particularly streaming and watching movies), and installing the odd game or two. I also have a large iTunes library but i think 1TB seems enough?

If this isn't a good choice can anybody recommend any others?

The main things i'm looking for are:
    -good amount of RAM
    -decent sized hard drive
    -numeric keyboard
    -webcam
    -usb 3.0 and 2.0
    -media slot
    -good sound (i had a toshiba and thought quality was poor?)

Apologies for the information overload!
    any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

RAM and hard drive can easily be upgraded if required, not so the CPU.

The AMD A-10 is not a bad choice if you want to play some games occasionally. The processing power matches that of a mobile Intel Core i3, the on-chip graphics is comparable to a Nvidia GT 630M. If you're not interested in gaming at all, an Intel Core i5 laptop would be the better choice. The price should be pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pinksalt

Just wondering if you proceeded with this purchase and if so, what you thought. i am thinking about getting it as it has such a big amount of memory and there is an offer on it at the moment. thanks a million

Advertisement