Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whirlpool tumble dryer problem

• 04-09-2013 2:10pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Have a tumble dryer here at home.
    Its a 6th sense dryer, model is AWZ3413.

It powers on light flashes when set to a program, but it doesn't work. Just stopped there Sunday.

I opened the top and hoovered out all the dust, can't see any issues with the connections.

Could it be a faulty door switch or something? I notice the door at the top isn't sitting flush against the top of the door ope.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

it definitely wont work if the door micro switch is not activated, just make sure that the part on the door that pushes the micro isn't missing or out of place

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

/thanks for the reply.

Ok, I have checked the 2 switches. 1 is at the top of the door and when the attachment on the door clicks in it moves up to engage the board and I can hear it clicking.
    The locking mechanism on the door, say on the right hand side as you are looking at it, doesn't seem to do anything, just locks the door.

No brushes on the motor, I thought there might be..

If the switch "looks" to be engaging what else could it be than the board?

I can take pics of the switches if u want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

provided you feel confident check the continuity of the micro with a meter ideally when plugged out, but you could also do it with a phase tester when connected but treat the mains voltage with caution. if you hear a hum when you press the start button the capacitor on the motor is dodgy, otherwise you probably have a dodgy start relay on the board

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

provided you feel confident check the continuity of the micro with a meter ideally when plugged out, but you could also do it with a phase tester when connected but treat the mains voltage with caution. if you hear a hum when you press the start button the capacitor on the motor is dodgy, otherwise you probably have a dodgy start relay on the board

Thanks for the reply
    I have power to the board and power to the motor so wondering if it is the board.
    Sickner is they are 79 euro, so if I replace the whole unit, which it seems I have to, then it doesn't work :D

Hard to find them 2nd hand, tried a few electrical places to see if I could find a place who had one thrown out. No joy yet :D

Advertisement