Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing Issue & Staff Incompetency

Options
  • 04-09-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I sent the below to Tracey via PM, but as she hasn't been on today I'm going to post it here to see if I can get this cleared up asap. Please PM me for my eircom account number and full name (which I've removed)

I'm e-mailing you about the above account and my latest bill (#006). 

This bill is for €293.15 but should be for €89.98, as i'm signed up for a monthly €45 package - you can see my account history for the past year to verify same. In fact given I signed up for a new 12 month contract, i think the first 6 months should be €40p.m - but i'm honestly not worried about that small difference.

I actually rang customer services last week and was passed onto Alan a supervisor as the girl I spoke to had never seen the total broadband €130 charge on a residential bill. He informed me that this is a business package and was on the bill in error. He advised he would issue a credit for €203.17 immediately and leave a bill of €89.98. I agreed to same. He advised that who ever transferred over my account - a simple house move - had made a mess of setting up the account.

I was coming into work early to write this e-mail anyway, as I was unhappy that no credit had yet issued. I now see that €293.15 has been deducted from my bank account. To say that I am livid is an understatement.

I would like you to arrange for the immediate refund of the €203.17 difference, as I cannot afford to be without this money - my wife is due twins in two weeks time and money is tight. I would like you to ensure my billing position is corrected and for you to confirm same in writing so that this charge doesn't appear on my next bi-monthly bill - and i don't have to go through this process again.

I'm sure you can understand my upset with eircom given;

a) the inability to set up the account right the first time
    b) The credit note not being issued and money being taken from my account. I was effectively lied to at the time.

I would like you to advise of the best way to make a complaint to eircom, as I want to make a full and formal one in writing particularly about the supervisor I spoke to who clearly didn't do their job. I see that you have an e-mail complaint process but that is limited to 400 characters so please advise of a postal address. 

I've now had to endure a half hour call (which was clearly a waste of time), 20 mins more wasted to write this e-mail and i'm €200 out of pocket for the pleasure.

I'll wait to hear back from you before taking any further action.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Hi,

I sent the below to Tracey via PM, but as she hasn't been on today I'm going to post it here to see if I can get this cleared up asap. Please PM me for my eircom account number and full name (which I've removed)

I'm e-mailing you about the above account and my latest bill (#006). 

This bill is for €293.15 but should be for €89.98, as i'm signed up for a monthly €45 package - you can see my account history for the past year to verify same. In fact given I signed up for a new 12 month contract, i think the first 6 months should be €40p.m - but i'm honestly not worried about that small difference.

I actually rang customer services last week and was passed onto Alan a supervisor as the girl I spoke to had never seen the total broadband €130 charge on a residential bill. He informed me that this is a business package and was on the bill in error. He advised he would issue a credit for €203.17 immediately and leave a bill of €89.98. I agreed to same. He advised that who ever transferred over my account - a simple house move - had made a mess of setting up the account.

I was coming into work early to write this e-mail anyway, as I was unhappy that no credit had yet issued. I now see that €293.15 has been deducted from my bank account. To say that I am livid is an understatement.

I would like you to arrange for the immediate refund of the €203.17 difference, as I cannot afford to be without this money - my wife is due twins in two weeks time and money is tight. I would like you to ensure my billing position is corrected and for you to confirm same in writing so that this charge doesn't appear on my next bi-monthly bill - and i don't have to go through this process again.

I'm sure you can understand my upset with eircom given;

a) the inability to set up the account right the first time
    b) The credit note not being issued and money being taken from my account. I was effectively lied to at the time.

I would like you to advise of the best way to make a complaint to eircom, as I want to make a full and formal one in writing particularly about the supervisor I spoke to who clearly didn't do their job. I see that you have an e-mail complaint process but that is limited to 400 characters so please advise of a postal address. 

I've now had to endure a half hour call (which was clearly a waste of time), 20 mins more wasted to write this e-mail and i'm €200 out of pocket for the pleasure.

I'll wait to hear back from you before taking any further action.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX
    Hi kenny3b
    thanks for the full description of issue, yes, PM me your account details and we will get clarity here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just to note that i'm still waiting on this issue to be satisfactorily dealt with. I've been PM'ing Tracey but am unhappy about the speed of progress to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Just to note that i'm still waiting on this issue to be satisfactorily dealt with. I've been PM'ing Tracey but am unhappy about the speed of progress to date.
    Hi kennyb3

I have been speaking with Tracey regarding your issue and I see the incorrect broadband package was applied as part of the move address order.

We are trying to organise a refund through the eircom remittance team. However it may be tomorrow before we have any news.

Mark 

Hi kennyb3

I have been speaking with Tracey regarding your issue and I see the incorrect broadband package was applied as part of the move address order.

We are trying to organise a refund through the eircom remittance team. However it may be tomorrow before we have any news.

Mark 
    Thanks Mark, I had just PM'ed Tracey again there literally before you replied as I hadn't heard from her despite her being logged on after my PM yesterday and again this afternoon.

I appreciate you taking the time to update me. Please could yourself or Tracey get back to me tomorrow and update me further. As I'm sure you can understand I am keen to secure the refund and am anxious not to be continually passed off with 'we're looking into it/we hope to organise...' etc etc which seems to be the case to date. A definitive date for refund would be appreciated.

Obviously I'm not happy with the customer service provided by the original sales rep, then a supervisor named Alan and now it seems difficult to get a refund of money which you've incorrectly taken from my account. The inconvenience of having to repeatedly chase up same is distressing. I honestly can't understand how something like this can't be turned around in a day or two (it's a week now) with no visible end in sight.

Regards,

kennyb3

Hi kennyb3

Mark 
    Thanks Mark, I had just PM'ed Tracey again there literally before you replied as I hadn't heard from her despite her being logged on after my PM yesterday and again this afternoon.

I appreciate you taking the time to update me. Please could yourself or Tracey get back to me tomorrow and update me further. As I'm sure you can understand I am keen to secure the refund and am anxious not to be continually passed off with 'we're looking into it/we hope to organise...' etc etc which seems to be the case to date. A definitive date for refund would be appreciated.

Obviously I'm not happy with the customer service provided by the original sales rep, then a supervisor named Alan and now it seems difficult to get a refund of money which you've incorrectly taken from my account. The inconvenience of having to repeatedly chase up same is distressing. I honestly can't understand how something like this can't be turned around in a day or two (it's a week now) with no visible end in sight.

Regards,

kennyb3

Hi kennyb3

I am not making any excuses and I wish we had better news. However we are pushing and we don't to give any false promises until we are sure on when / how the rebate will be issued.

Mark

• Advertisement

Day 8 since I was overcharged and still no refund or details of when I'll get same. As an accountant I find the inability to process a simple refund baffling. Efficiency seems to be a strong point along with customer service. :pac:

I'll update daily for those of you reading. 

I've taken the step of writing a two page letter to the customer services department and to the sales department.

Tomorrow's steps will probably be a letter to Comreg.

After that I intend to go through the Companies Registrations Office website and get the directors and company secretary home address details and write to them directly. Basically whatever it takes to get a complaint dealt with efficiently and taken seriously. 

Pages and pages of complaints on here, the eircom forum, askaboutmoney etc doesn't leave me too hopeful of this being speedy. I played nice and patient for a week - now i'm just genuinely frustrated.

Day 8 since I was overcharged and still no refund or details of when I'll get same. As an accountant I find the inability to process a simple refund baffling. Efficiency seems to be a strong point along with customer service. :pac:

I've taken the step of writing a two page letter to the customer services department and to the sales department.

After that I intend to go through the Companies Registrations Office website and get the directors and company secretary home address details and write to them directly. Basically whatever it takes to get a complaint dealt with efficiently and taken seriously. 

Pages and pages of complaints on here, the eircom forum, askaboutmoney etc doesn't leave me too hopeful of this being speedy. I played nice and patient for a week - now i'm just genuinely frustrated.
    Hi kennyb3

I spoke to credit management and they said they could issue a refund via cheque. However that can take 10 days. I am still trying to get an update about a refund to the card. I am sorry it is taking so long.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 45 BigCol

None of this surprises me,  I've just switched phone and broadband to UPC.  The broadband is cheaper and faster. 

Trying to cancel eircom became a nightmare, they never got my emails or registered letter apparently. 

Hope you get this sorted out Kenny and good luck with your twins.

Hi kennyb3

I spoke to credit management and they said they could issue a refund via cheque. However that can take 10 days. I am still trying to get an update about a refund to the card. I am sorry it is taking so long.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. I pay by SO and not card so any non cheque refund should be made directly to my bank account - details of which you have on file. You'll note all bills have always been paid on time and in full.

If I have to take a refund by cheque I will, but obviously it looks like that will mean being without the money this month meaning I'm left short financially.

Can i please get a definitive response today as to whether a bank repayment can be made or not. Otherwise I'd like to get the ball rolling on the cheque repayment.

Also can you please confirm here (as I want something in writing) that my billing position has been rectified going forward and I can expect an €89.98 bill for the next bi-monthly period.

Also can I ask why it takes 10 days to process one cheque?

Regards,

kennyb3

Thanks BigCol I was with UPC previously and found them excellent. Unfortunately they didn't offer service in the area i moved to last year ( at that time but do now) hence i moved to Eircom. I only ever had one problem with UPC - a small billing issue and it was dealt with within 2 days - hence my utter frustration with this being day 9 and now i'm told I might get a cheque in 10 - 12 days if i'm lucky. Realistically I should be given interest on top of what's due back, compensation or at least credit against future bills but I won't hold my breath.

I now plan to leave Eircom as soon as my current contract runs out and return to UPC.

BigCol wrote: »
    None of this surprises me,  I've just switched phone and broadband to UPC.  The broadband is cheaper and faster. 

Trying to cancel eircom became a nightmare, they never got my emails or registered letter apparently. 

Hope you get this sorted out Kenny and good luck with your twins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Kennyb3, really disgraceful that you are the one who is bearing the brunt of an admitted mistake by Eircom and that they are now dragging their heels in rectifying it.

When it comes to payments they demand the money or in your case just plain take payment immediately but when it comes to re-payments it's a totally different story, they honestly display not only a huge lack of competency but also unfortunately an even bigger air of disdain for any of their customers problems, reps on here are the only way to get some semblance of service, but even they have to then go back to deal with the staff you have already encountered on the phone.

I am also afraid I have some bad news with regard to the 'promised' refund cheque. They will offer you a cheque, then they will eventually confirm the amount and even more eventually they will confirm it will be 'processed' for payment by a certain date, it wont, believe me, you will have to make a number of inquiries regarding where your cheque is to be told they will check it again, which will result in further delays and another promise that it is being 'processed' along with all the usual hollow..... your business is important to us etc etc

I'm not telling you this this to have a go at Eircom either, I am just letting you know so you don't go depending on that money to use for anything else until you actually have the cheque in your hand. I am also speaking from my own experience of waiting for an Eircom refund cheque.

I really do hope it works out sooner rather than later, but just be prepared in case.

iPhone. wrote: »
    Kennyb3, really disgraceful that you are the one who is bearing the brunt of an admitted mistake by Eircom and that they are now dragging their heels in rectifying it.

When it comes to payments they demand the money or in your case just plain take payment immediately but when it comes to re-payments it's a totally different story, they honestly display not only a huge lack of competency but also unfortunately an even bigger air of disdain for any of their customers problems, reps on here are the only way to get some semblance of service, but even they have to then go back to deal with the staff you have already encountered on the phone.

I am also afraid I have some bad news with regard to the 'promised' refund cheque. They will offer you a cheque, then they will eventually confirm the amount and even more eventually they will confirm it will be 'processed' for payment by a certain date, it wont, believe me, you will have to make a number of inquiries regarding where your cheque is to be told they will check it again, which will result in further delays and another promise that it is being 'processed' along with all the usual hollow..... your business is important to us etc etc

I'm not telling you this this to have a go at Eircom either, I am just letting you know so you don't go depending on that money to use for anything else until you actually have the cheque in your hand. I am also speaking from my own experience of waiting for an Eircom refund cheque.

I really do hope it works out sooner rather than later, but just be prepared in case.
    Thanks for the insights - very interesting and sounds like i'll need to make alternative arrangements for this month alright.

This has really opened my eyes on Eircom's shoddy customer service. I'm amazed having read other threads here. It seems there are numerous threads were things drag on for weeks.

I'm probably going to write to all the directors personally on Monday, it's a bit of a farce. I'll also look at the small claims court so I can have a sheriff enforce the matter for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

iPhone. wrote: »

Thanks for the insights - very interesting and sounds like i'll need to make alternative arrangements for this month alright.

This has really opened my eyes on Eircom's shoddy customer service. I'm amazed having read other threads here. It seems there are numerous threads were things drag on for weeks.

I'm probably going to write to all the directors personally on Monday, it's a bit of a farce. I'll also look at the small claims court so I can have a sheriff enforce the matter for me.
    I would refuse to pay the next couple of bills.

Day 12 since I was overcharged. Hopefully at least get a further update today. Maybe even confirmation that a refund will be processed some time in the future.

Mark any update on this?

Mark any update on this?
    Hi kennyb3

I got a response this morning regarding your issue. I apologise I did not get back to you sooner it is just I was trying to get another option than a refund cheque.

I have responded to your a PM with the details / process I have been advised of.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement