Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a copy of my contract.

Options
  • 04-09-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭

Hi, 
    I'm on a poor rural line but I'm having absolutely terrible speeds at the moment (0.4 Down 0.01 Up etc.) and I'm trying to recall the terms of my contract.  I never received a copy or my terms of service.  Please could you provide me with a copy.

Regards
    Oafley

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi, 
    I'm on a poor rural line but I'm having absolutely terrible speeds at the moment (0.4 Down 0.01 Up etc.) and I'm trying to recall the terms of my contract.  I never received a copy or my terms of service.  Please could you provide me with a copy.

Regards
    Oafley
    Hi Oafley Jones
    can you PM me your account details and I will look into this for you.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

did you report the problem to eircom

as soon as you report the problem to eircom they slow down your line

if your whole neibourhood goes down the person that reports it gets screwed

the only way I could get eircom to get speed back up was buy new modem in argos

they kept sending an engineer who knew nothing as there was no problem with the line

he could not use test equipment,

how far are you from the exchange

eircom 1mb only gets 620k

they want to sell you faster at larger price,they kept telling me I had 4mb line

tplink modem router is about 35-45 get the phone one not the cable one

router distance is not great,

just tell them you bought new router,once  you have plugged in and setup then call them

they click button on computer your speed goes up straight away

voderphone will give you 20% more speed for $45 if you tell them your with eircom

but wait until eircom fixes line 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

boarsboard wrote: »
    did you report the problem to eircom

as soon as you report the problem to eircom they slow down your line

if your whole neibourhood goes down the person that reports it gets screwed

the only way I could get eircom to get speed back up was buy new modem in argos

they kept sending an engineer who knew nothing as there was no problem with the line

he could not use test equipment,

how far are you from the exchange

eircom 1mb only gets 620k

they want to sell you faster at larger price,they kept telling me I had 4mb line

tplink modem router is about 35-45 get the phone one not the cable one

router distance is not great,

just tell them you bought new router,once  you have plugged in and setup then call them

they click button on computer your speed goes up straight away

voderphone will give you 20% more speed for $45 if you tell them your with eircom

but wait until eircom fixes line 
    Quite a distance, I was warned that the line was brutal before I took out the contract, but it has gotten worse recently.  Really miss my UPC, but that's not an option here now that I've moved to the sticks.  Line of Sight is looking quite good at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Any update Tony? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Any update Tony? 

Hi Oafley Jones

Would you mind sending the details onto me and I can follow up with support for you.

Thanks, Mark 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aufbau

I'm also looking for a copy of my contract. According to ComReg I am entitled to one.

Can any of the reps tell me how to have one sent to me, as I have already asked the complaints dept twice (Jun 30 and Jul 22) and have got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aufbau

Aufbau wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a copy of my contract. According to ComReg I am entitled to one.

Can any of the reps tell me how to have one sent to me, as I have already asked the complaints dept twice (Jun 30 and Jul 22) and have got no reply.
    Can any of the reps please answer? Two days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Can any of the reps please answer? Two days later?
    You are after using Necromancy to bring up a thread from 2013, the reps are highly unlikely to respond to this so best off setting up your own thread.

But to note most companies dont provide physical contracts, it is just agreements over phone.

Advertisement