Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding a payee and confirming via post

• 04-09-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭

I recently added a payee to my 365online.com profile. I am aware that you can confirm this by mobile phone or by post i.e. the bank can send me the activation code by SMS message or in a letter in the post. However I'm also aware that confirming by SMS means that there is a limit of €3,000 on transfers whereas if I elect to have it confirmed by letter, the limit is €20,000 which in this case is why I elected to receive the code by post.

This morning I received the security code to activate the new payee but the text of the letter amounts to nothing short of a slap on the wrist for using the post option.

The relevant paragraph accounts for the bulk of the text of the letter and kicks off...

'Did you know that you could have saved yourself time by adding this payee using your mobile phone?'

and then goes on to outline the procedure.

The paragraph ends: 'Why not save yourself time in the future by registering your mobile on www.365online.com' ...... today'

For what it's worth, I do have my moble registered for this purpose and have previously received confirmation for new payees va SMS message. In this case I choose to get the code by post because I wanted the higher limit.

Please ask the people who send these letters to stop treating their customers like cavemen. At no stage in the letter is it acknowledged that someone might have a genuine reason for requesting the activation code by post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi coylemj,

As always we appreciate your feedback and have passed this on to the relevant department for you.

The information supplied on our letter is purely there to inform customers that the option to register your mobile is available and the benefits involved in doing this.  As always, we strive to ensure our customers are aware of procedures that may enhance their banking needs.

Thanks for your post.

Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

coylemj wrote: »
    I recently added a payee to my 365online.com profile. I am aware that you can confirm this by mobile phone or by post i.e. the bank can send me the activation code by SMS message or in a letter in the post. However I'm also aware that confirming by SMS means that there is a limit of €3,000 on transfers whereas if I elect to have it confirmed by letter, the limit is €20,000 which in this case is why I elected to receive the code by post.

This morning I received the security code to activate the new payee but the text of the letter amounts to nothing short of a slap on the wrist for using the post option.

The relevant paragraph accounts for the bulk of the text of the letter and kicks off...

'Did you know that you could have saved yourself time by adding this payee using your mobile phone?'

and then goes on to outline the procedure.

The paragraph ends: 'Why not save yourself time in the future by registering your mobile on www.365online.com' ...... today'

For what it's worth, I do have my moble registered for this purpose and have previously received confirmation for new payees va SMS message. In this case I choose to get the code by post because I wanted the higher limit.

Please ask the people who send these letters to stop treating their customers like cavemen. At no stage in the letter is it acknowledged that someone might have a genuine reason for requesting the activation code by post.
    I just posted about the same thing! Your post is even clearer. The statement in letter is factually incorrect. You could not have added the above account and be able to transfer over 3,000 if you had used phone. 

Advertisement