Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Chateau Patrick's Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

123Turnip wrote: »
    Oh we three women in our sixties did complain but we got nowhere

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

It's a bleeedin institution folks, in the BEST CORK Tradition.

They wouldn't be out of place a hundred or two hundred years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Never had any trouble in there myself, but I remember a few years back, I was in there on New Years Eve. There was a group of about five or six people (early twenties) sitting at the table next to us. One of them got up to get another round and the ould fella behind the bar told them they'd had enough to drink and it was time for them to leave. They didn't appear to be drunk or rowdy. It must have been very embarrassing for them. Thought it was a one-off isolated incident but not so sure now, having read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,224 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

everyday I pass this place its packed..

typical in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Went in there one Saturday morning to ask if I could use the toilet,and was told by the bar man"the old fella"that the toilets were not open yet,I could have pisxx on him there and then,ended up in the Art gallery were a king security man showed me were the toilets were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Red Nissan wrote: »
    It's a bleeedin institution folks, in the BEST CORK Tradition.

From the sounds of it, an institution like the old St Anne's madhouse .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

everyday I pass this place its packed..

typical in this country.

It's pretty much the only pub/restaurant on Patrick St. that I can think of (there are various ones down side-streets or on the 1st floor, but none at street level) and it has an outdoor area so it's inevitably going to get a crowd. The ex-Moderne unit would make a great restaurant/bar too just across the Academy St. and give it some competition, but I'd guess rent & rates are probably ridiculously high in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

who_me wrote: »
    It's pretty much the only pub/restaurant on Patrick St. that I can think of (there are various ones down side-streets or on the 1st floor, but none at street level) and it has an outdoor area so it's inevitably going to get a crowd. The ex-Moderne unit would make a great restaurant/bar too just across the Academy St. and give it some competition, but I'd guess rent & rates are probably ridiculously high in that area.

Is there a 1st floor pub on Pana?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

Mutton Lane Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

BUNK1982 wrote: »
    Mutton Lane Inn

Really? I've been there a few times, just thought there was toilets upstairs, would nice to have a 1st floor with a view onto Patrick Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I've never bee to it, but i do always giggle when I pass, as the rolled up signs say Le Chât

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

BUNK1982 wrote: »
    Mutton Lane Inn

Mutton Lane is ground floor down an alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Sorry - meant pub or restaurant. No 1st floor pubs there that I'm aware of but there are a few 1st floor restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭xbox360

I went into Reidys wine vault on Washington st about 4 or 5 years ago for a pint and something to eat.
    Ordered a sheperds pie and chips.
    It was the tiniest portion I've ever seen!The lady owner was sticking her head into the kitchen berating the cook when she was preparing it.
    I think she must have been putting too much on the plate!!
    Havent been in Le Chateau in about 15 years.
    The face on yer man would crack if he ever had to smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

<snip> Removed by Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SinaWil

Used to pop in there a fair bit if i was ever in town and waiting for someone..
    5.20 for a carlsberg is a bit steep but you'd be hard pressed to even find a beer mat to go with it?
    Will be avoiding the place after reading this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Wow! Just read all the posts re this place. There were so many days I rushed by, in usual tizzy, and have seen (lots!) of people sitting outside sipping wine/coffee etc.,
    I actually now believe that I was the lucky sod - racing to an unknown carpark level in Merchants Quay!

Shame that the owners are so inept - is this place on trip advisor? A link should be sent to the owners.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

<snip< removed by Mod

Now that is very sad and depressing :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ok this thread has run its course - its one thing commenting about service in an establishment but its quite another making personal comments about the owners and their families.

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement