Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rochestown inn?

Options
  • 04-09-2013 3:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭

I've never been in there (bad start but I will soon remedy that hahaha) but I was just wondering if ye think its a decent place to hold a party? Is there room for a dj, dance floor etc

It says in the website that they do rent it out for functions so if anyone has been their opinion would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows the price that would be great.
    Ps I know I can just go in and see it but I'm impatient and would like to know how the atmosphere transpires on the night of a function! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Yeah it's really good for parties in there, It's where a lot of secondary schools hold their debs/grads . I've been there for a few smaller occasions and there were nice as well. I've no idea of the price for using the room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Thanks very much :)
    calnand wrote: »
    Yeah it's really good for parties in there, It's where a lot of secondary schools hold their debs/grads . I've been there for a few smaller occasions and there were nice as well. I've no idea of the price for using the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

calnand wrote: »

Thats the rochestown park hotel, the op was asking about the rochestown inn which is a pub down the road.
    Ive never been in there but we had a work night there a few years ago and anyone that went seemed to enjoy it. That might have had something to do with the free drinks tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭Katie1289

Ahhhhhhh yeah I thought it looked a tad small for debs alright!!! Cheers hahaha!
    .red. wrote: »
    Thats the rochestown park hotel, the op was asking about the rochestown inn which is a pub down the road.
    Ive never been in there but we had a work night there a few years ago and anyone that went seemed to enjoy it. That might have had something to do with the free drinks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Havent been there for a couple of years, but ifits not changed its not that big inside for dance floor and DJ. Outside area is very big so summer party I am sure would be perfect - not sure about hostign somethign outside int he winter. Nice pub though, good variety of wine if thats your thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm dragging up an old thread I know...but has this place closed down? It hasn't been open for the last few evenings and the outside seating/smoking area at the front is all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

MM really.. We were in there around 3 weeks ago but that was the evening. I think he opens at odd times during the day if at all, what time were you passing?

There is talks of it changing hands alright but I doubt twill close

Milly33 wrote: »
    MM really.. We were in there around 3 weeks ago but that was the evening. I think he opens at odd times during the day if at all, what time were you passing?

There is talks of it changing hands alright but I doubt twill close

well I drove past it at 7:30pm yesterday evening and it was closed and no sign of life.

Maybe tis making movements so of the change over then or they could be just open at the weekend. Will be up there this weekend so ill suss it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

...no sign of life.

Sounds like it is open as normal from that.

• Advertisement

Im trying to rem now what the sca was.. The old rumour mill has started that Mr O'D has gone bankrupt and that either someone is coming in to buy over the place, something along those lines..

Milly33 wrote: »
    Im trying to rem now what the sca was.. The old rumour mill has started that Mr O'D has gone bankrupt and that either someone is coming in to buy over the place, something along those lines..

probably Wetherspoons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

The rochestown inn closed its doors last Monday and there are no plans to reopen at the moment.

corkonion wrote: »
    The rochestown inn closed its doors last Monday and there are no plans to reopen at the moment.

must say I'm very surprised to see that. For as long as I've been living in the area I thought it was doing well, especially in recent times when pubs are starting to become busy again, this place always seemed to have a regular flow of customers.

Oh no, jes that happened quickly..

Shame to see it closed again but hopefully it will be open again soon.. I think like when you are passing and that you think it is busy as a few people are outside but nines times out of ten twas quite enough.. Hopefully twill bounce back

I heard on the radio this morning that the place was on fire last night. I drop past it going to work, internals look badly damaged, no visible external damage. <snip>

Broadale copycats?

Ludo wrote: »
    Broadale copycats?

the shop? was there a fire up there recently?

the shop? was there a fire up there recently?

Yep..place was gutted. Teenagers.

Twitter link here with pics:

https://twitter.com/search?q=broadale%20fire&src=typd

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sometimes I credit people with a little too much intelligence, and sometimes people simply are stupid. I've already edited one post and deleted a couple of others for suggesting that the cause of the fire in the Rochestown Inn may not have been accidental. Next person to do so gets a week off from the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Thanks,

Dont quite appreciate being called stupid MOD indirect or directly.. just back from hols so didn't see the reason why the other post were edited or why they were. Plus having an opinion on it or not isn't cause really to stop people saying what they think stupid or otherwise

just seeing you took down the my post really... jes you cant say anything anymore... Still rather sad to hear about it all. reading up on it last night and saw a few pictures....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

One cannot say what ones likes on any forum which may open the forum or the person posting to a legal challenge.

I shall leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

stop questioning mods on thread and get back on topic and no more references too deleted posts please

Finally passed by oh sad to see it all borded up indeed... And then seeing the cottage all nicely decorated next to it.. I wonder will they just knock it all now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Were the owners of the inn living in a camper van parked outside the inn? gosh I hope the camper didn't get a blast of the flames that evening.

I think that area is quite dismal anyway.

Were the owners of the inn living in a camper van parked outside the inn? gosh I hope the camper didn't get a blast of the flames that evening.

Nah. Heard the camper can moved for first time in a good while either the day of or the day before the fire. Lucky escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Think that belongs to the travellers living across the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement