Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second year.

Options
  • 04-09-2013 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭

I'm going into second year and I registered online, I also reapplied for the grant online. Can anyone tell me the procedure for sorting out the BTEA this way ? The social wants a letter of registration, but I have no paperwork this year as it was all done online. No written approval of the grant or registration.

Also what's the deal with start of term ? How will I know what group I'm in or what my classes are ? I've gotten absolutely nothing from the college about anything this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

For BTEA and social welfare, you can visit your school's office (science/business/engineering etc) and ask them about it, I done it myself last year but registered in person but the same result (the office secretary can help you out). Tell the social you've registered and that you'll have your letter as soon as possible, they are usually alright with that.

As for timetables, either keep an eye on the timetable link through Blackboard or get a provisional one on the first day until something more solid is in place. You can most likely find out what group you're in at the school office too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

entropi wrote: »
    For BTEA and social welfare, you can visit your school's office (science/business/engineering etc) and ask them about it, I done it myself last year but registered in person but the same result (the office secretary can help you out). Tell the social you've registered and that you'll have your letter as soon as possible, they are usually alright with that.

As for timetables, either keep an eye on the timetable link through Blackboard or get a provisional one on the first day until something more solid is in place. You can most likely find out what group you're in at the school office too.

I take it I can go in and get the letter from the office at any stage after registering online ? I'm heading to Carlow later this week. I got a letter from the social with a form for bank details and requesting the letter of attendance be sent back with it. So just need that letter and I should be set, but not sure if I needed anything from SUSI to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Yeah it should be alright. Tell them you registered online and they'll check it out. You could then get a letter saying you've registered for this year and are starting lectures.

I never dealt with SUSI as I used the grant system just before that was brought in, so I'm not entirely sure if they'll need a copy or not to be honest. They'll probably see that you've registered when they go to sort out your grant anyway, but give them a call if you're in any way worried about it.

Advertisement