Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link in modules

Options
  • 04-09-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

How do you do a link in module and I have heard ya lose your grant because
    Of it anyone got any ideas about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You don't "lose" your grant per se. You can defer the grant you're receiving for a year and pick it up next year. So you can't receive a grant for this year, but you won't lose your grant if you know what I mean.

To do a link in, you have to fill out a Link-In Registration Form (available in the pigeon-holes outside SAA) and give that, along with proof of payment of the Link-In fees, to the Fees Office.

You do not have to pay the Registration Fee.
    You do not have to register online in Week 1.
    You do have to give the form and pay the fees by the Friday of Week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

What about back to education on a link in? Sorry for the hijack.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You don't "lose" your grant per se. You can defer the grant you're receiving for a year and pick it up next year. So you can't receive a grant for this year, but you won't lose your grant if you know what I mean.

To do a link in, you have to fill out a Link-In Registration Form (available in the pigeon-holes outside SAA) and give that, along with proof of payment of the Link-In fees, to the Fees Office.

You do not have to pay the Registration Fee.
    You do not have to register online in Week 1.
    You do have to give the form and pay the fees by the Friday of Week 1.

Really? I didn't know that, that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

What about tuition? Is the only money needed to be paid for a linkin the ~550 euro? Or must you pay 6 grand too?

Gumbi wrote: »
    What about tuition? Is the only money needed to be paid for a linkin the ~550 euro? Or must you pay 6 grand too?

You only pay the ~550.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You only pay the ~550.

Thanks for that. They are capped at c3, though, right?

Gumbi wrote: »
    Thanks for that. They are capped at c3, though, right?

Nope. Link-ins are uncapped. It's only the repeat exams that are capped at C3.

Advertisement