Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reapplying SPF through out the day - advice needed

• 04-09-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I've been advised to reapplying SPF through out the day when it's not cloudy. The problem is I wear makeup every day and it's not easy to reapply it and not rub off makeup. Any tips would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Bare Minerals do a mineral powder sunscreen which you can brush on over your makeup. It has UVA and UVB protection. However the range if shades is too limited for me as I'm very pale so instead if I want to top up my sun protection during the day, I use the Spf 20 version of their Mineral Veil powder, which is designed for over your makeup anyway. I obviously use a separate liquid facial sunscreen before I apply make up too, but find the mineral powder great for top ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Do you think the mineral top ups really give proper protection equal to the SPF you apply in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

mood wrote: »
    Do you think the mineral top ups really give proper protection equal to the SPF you apply in the morning?

Honestly, I'm not sure but I started it in the recommendation of a friend of mine who lives in the Middle East with pale Irish skin. She only uses mineral sunscreen on her face, reapplying during the day, and has lovely skin and doesn't get burnt.

If its genuinely an issue of medical significance, then to be honest you have to go with whatever your doctor advises, even if that means wiping off all your makeup at noon to reapply sunscreen. Maybe you can explore a simpler make-up look to make this easier. But if its just general sun protection, then I'm happy for me that mineral powder reinforces my sun protection in an easy way, to the standards that I require myself - motivated by purely anti-aging concerns rather than anything medical.

Does your friend normally get burnt on her face when not wearing any SPF of any kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Shiseido do an SPF 30 makeup that I find is good to wear in hot sunny weather. It's really light weight but gives pretty decent coverage and a little goes a long way. It's waterproof too should you want some coverage at the beach / pool :)

• Advertisement

Shiseido do an SPF 30 makeup that I find is good to wear in hot sunny weather. It's really light weight but gives pretty decent coverage and a little goes a long way. It's waterproof too should you want some coverage at the beach / pool :)

But I can't reapply foundation every two hours on a sunny day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I have very fair skin and wear piz buin once a day suncream in factor 30 when it's sunny. It lasts 8 hours, but I just top up my make up (which has spf 15) at lunchtime if I'll be out in the sun.

Hasn't failed me yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I haven't tried it personally but Peter Thomas Roth has a brush on powder sun screen that can be applied over make up and gets very good reviews as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

mood wrote: »
    But I can't reapply foundation every two hours on a sunny day!

Good point sorry :)

Edit:- just came across this... http://www.15minutebeauty.com/2013/05/common-sunscreen-mistakes.html

Point number 14 is interesting about the powder / makeup sunscreen how much you need to use to actually get the SPF called out on the bottle

Good point sorry :)

No worries :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Have you tried Ultrasun suncream? Its a nice texture,not too whitening and it doesnt need to be reapplied throughout the day,one application is enough.Its also sweat and water resistant and has high UVA and UVA filters.
    Comes in spf 30 and spf 50

http://www.ultrasun.co.uk/

Advertisement