Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preferred faculty loan?

Options
  • 04-09-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can somebody tell me about the preferred faculty loan? I've looked online but there are no details, I've called many branches but nobody knows anything

How much money does the loan offer?

What are the conditions?

Etc,

If you need any info please ask away,

Appreciate the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I'm sure a staff member will reply tomorrow but here's my experience.

I am in one of the approved courses in Trinity and got €2,000 for year 2, €2,000 for year 3 and will be getting €2,500 for year 4. It is interest free until I graduate and then it can be paid off in full or converted into a standard loan. I didn't need a guarantor and from applying to getting the money into my account was 2 days. It was all done through the BOI branch in Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 just your average

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I'm sure a staff member will reply tomorrow but here's my experience.

I am in one of the approved courses in Trinity and got €2,000 for year 2, €2,000 for year 3 and will be getting €2,500 for year 4. It is interest free until I graduate and then it can be paid off in full or converted into a standard loan. I didn't need a guarantor and from applying to getting the money into my account was 2 days. It was all done through the BOI branch in Trinity.
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Was any paperwork required? I'm looking for closer to 10,000. The sums you received, are they the maximum amounts you may loan per year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Just my student card, passport and proof of address. Yes they were the maximum I could get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi just your average,

This loan type would usually be applied for through a college branch. If you would like to pm us with your name, branch name, contact phone number and which college you will be attending, we'd be more than happy to arrange for a customer advisor to call you to discuss options. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement