Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the going Rate for a GP visit in Wexford

Options
  • 04-09-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I'm paying 50euro a visit, are all the other GP's charging the same?
    Get's my goat as I'm only ever in there for 3min's after waiting half an hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What bugs me is that you get an appointment, yes they give you a time for an appointment, and you are still sitting or standing there an hour later, and no apology for keeping you waiting.

If my Accountant, Solicitor or other did that I'd be out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

^ This has made me walk out a few times. If they can't run there practice right what hope do you have that they with giving you the time and treatment you've paid for. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I find that frustrating too but to be fair I wouldn't like to be trying to schedule many people with unknown requirements arriving at unknown times, often late, with unplanned extras added in on top. Just doesn't seem like an easy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    I find that frustrating too but to be fair I wouldn't like to be trying to schedule many people with unknown requirements arriving at unknown times, often late, with unplanned extras added in on top. Just doesn't seem like an easy thing to do.

my dentist manages it...so can it really be that difficult?
    or they could tell you that they're 90mins behind when you walk in, and you can decide to stay or go.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

hypersonic wrote: »
    my dentist manages it...so can it really be that difficult?
    or they could tell you that they're 90mins behind when you walk in, and you can decide to stay or go.

A dentist knows what you want and how long it will take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Recently paid €60

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

haven't been to the doctors in years, ( touch wood)

iirc it was around the €50 mark.

Some people would add on extras for the doctor.

While I'm here, will you look at this rash on my back / twinge in my big toe .....

can't plan for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

With my local GP it's €45 and appointments are scheduled in 10 minute slots. Not possible to keep to that IMO, you're dealing with possible life or death situation based on the doctor's judgment, can't afford to rush that.

Dilbert75 wrote: »

Solution to this problem? = DON'T GIVE OUT APPOINTMENTS, have a first come first served system:(

kneemos wrote: »
    A dentist knows what you want and how long it will take.

They do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Am back paying for GP again after 2 year GP card expired .

Previously , GP used to charge €50 and 2nd visit with same complaint was reduced price ( think around €25 )

Giving bloods was a tenner for Nurse visit .

First come first served would not work in a surgery where there are 5 GP's

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

vicwatson wrote: »
    They do?

Appointments are made for a specific problem so they know what you want and how long it will take.

kneemos wrote: »
    Appointments are made for a specific problem so they know what you want and how long it will take.

Not true, I go to my dentist for an examination, and if there is a problem then the work is done there and then, I don't need to come back.

First come first served would not work in a surgery where there are 5 GP's

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why?

Too many reasons to explain - here .

If you drink Carlsberg , you will not want to change to Guinness next week and Budweiser following week .

The law of averages will dictate that you will prefer to always drink Carlsberg .:)

Too many reasons to explain - here .

If you drink Carlsberg , you will not want to change to Guinness next week and Budweiser following week .

The law of averages will dictate that you will prefer to always drink Carlsberg .:)

And if you drink Carlsberg you'd definitely need all 5 gps at once.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Visiting the GP always manages to boil my urine.

My own GP seems to give out appointments in 10 min blocks. Now some patients can be dealt with in 10 minutes. But if the issue is a little more complex or indeed if the issue turns out to be issue(s),then the 10 minutes goes out the window. Also, notes have to be written into the patients file after each consultation.

I have often gone in a=for a 10' o clock appointment and had to wait 40 minutes. How can they be this far behind after 1 hours 'trading'.

They should scrap the 10 minute gig and give appointments out in 15 min slots.

Advertisement