Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three technical support

Options
  • 04-09-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im with three mobile for 4 years now and i had nothing but problems with their customer service. i worked in collections for them as well and the one thing i heard from all of the other customers was how bad their call centre is.
    To the point, i have an htc one x and it wouldn't charge, so like a good boy scout i called them, they applauded me for rebooting and trying to charge it on different plugs etc. long story but it all ended up in them not being able to help me and they needed to send a claim to my insurance company.

The phone was fresh and 'new' from the insurance due to a different problem, but they had it for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!
    i begged them to try and help me any other way because i seriously cant be without my phone for the next 2 weeks and all they did was tell me how sorry they were.

Knowing exactly what kind of hell awaits if i actually send the device back to the insurance company, i decided to call htc directly and in 3 minutes the phone was working as normal! they didn't ask me to do anything too 'techy' and they obviously didn't need to feel the plastic of the phone to try if 1-2 things worked before they asked me to have it checked by a professional.

I called three again to cancel the claim, explained what i did and the guy i was talking with had a dismissive tone. i get it, i was on a call centre for 4 years and its the worst job in the world, but hell, when someone begged me and didn't scream at me i was at least trying to help!

Either they don't know their job, and knowing how cheap they are at three, i wouldn't be surprised if none of them had any technical training because their knowledge starts and stops at 'did you reboot your device?' and whatever the answer is the reply will be send it somewhere to be checked

Im paying good money every month, never in arrears with them and i earn my living with difficulty, but at three they dont respect it at all. They have a cheap call centre in india and their job is to determine which of the other departments we are not allowed to call has the solution.
    Well im sorry three, but in a competitive market you need to have tip top customer care, because its the one thing a customer cares about, my friends left three a year ago (2 couples and my best man) but like a fool i insisted they will realise their mistake and change. time to say goodbye Im afraid

Me, my partner and the remaining 11 members of the family are leaving this fiasco of a company at the end of our contracts after today, its a shame though because they wasted my afternoon, upset me and in the end they didn't help me at all, rather the opposite.

My point is, if you have trouble with your phone, don't even bother calling them, try to fix it yourself or wave it goodbye, but certainly dont expect any results besides a useless apology.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Only needed to call them once. As my phone was not originally a 3 phone they were not sure if they had a fix for me but sent me settings for the two closest models they could find as I was talking to them. All sorted in less than five minutes and service was excellent.
    Depend who you get I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

zohania wrote: »
    Im with three mobile for 4 years now and i had nothing but problems with their customer service. i worked in collections for them as well and the one thing i heard from all of the other customers was how bad their call centre is.
    To the point, i have an htc one x and it wouldn't charge, so like a good boy scout i called them, they applauded me for rebooting and trying to charge it on different plugs etc. long story but it all ended up in them not being able to help me and they needed to send a claim to my insurance company.

The phone was fresh and 'new' from the insurance due to a different problem, but they had it for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!
    i begged them to try and help me any other way because i seriously cant be without my phone for the next 2 weeks and all they did was tell me how sorry they were.

Knowing exactly what kind of hell awaits if i actually send the device back to the insurance company, i decided to call htc directly and in 3 minutes the phone was working as normal! they didn't ask me to do anything too 'techy' and they obviously didn't need to feel the plastic of the phone to try if 1-2 things worked before they asked me to have it checked by a professional.

I called three again to cancel the claim, explained what i did and the guy i was talking with had a dismissive tone. i get it, i was on a call centre for 4 years and its the worst job in the world, but hell, when someone begged me and didn't scream at me i was at least trying to help!

Either they don't know their job, and knowing how cheap they are at three, i wouldn't be surprised if none of them had any technical training because their knowledge starts and stops at 'did you reboot your device?' and whatever the answer is the reply will be send it somewhere to be checked

Im paying good money every month, never in arrears with them and i earn my living with difficulty, but at three they dont respect it at all. They have a cheap call centre in india and their job is to determine which of the other departments we are not allowed to call has the solution.
    Well im sorry three, but in a competitive market you need to have tip top customer care, because its the one thing a customer cares about, my friends left three a year ago (2 couples and my best man) but like a fool i insisted they will realise their mistake and change. time to say goodbye Im afraid

Me, my partner and the remaining 11 members of the family are leaving this fiasco of a company at the end of our contracts after today, its a shame though because they wasted my afternoon, upset me and in the end they didn't help me at all, rather the opposite.

My point is, if you have trouble with your phone, don't even bother calling them, try to fix it yourself or wave it goodbye, but certainly dont expect any results besides a useless apology.

+1
    Be interesting to see how many plus 1's this will get.
    Joke of a network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 xpto

Three Customer Service is by far the worst that I ever encountered and there is no point on complaining about it, since they have a huge list of scripts on how to handle complaints but not a list of scripts on how to help customers.

I guess that is the price to pay for such lower price plans and Three uses this as an advantage over other providers.

I would gladly change to another network if they could offer a plan with unlimited data, texts and calls for 20 euro/month PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Was the phone bought with three? If so, why didn't you bring it to the shop and get it sent away under warranty?

If it wasn't your beef is with the manufacturer and not three. Not defending three customer care as they are brutal at times. They outsource their insurance as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I called about my Xperia S a few months after release, three technical support didnt know it existed.

If you have a problem, use the boards reps or twitter guys. They're irish, can speak english, and have an IQ above 50. Never ever call them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

God help us O2 customers when 3 takes over O2 Ireland from Telefonica!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciarak7511

I have to talk about the appalling experience I have had with three customer service. I went to Australia last year while i was on a contract with three, I paid my contract every month up until it was over then i contacted three and told them I wished to leave them and could they unlock the phone for me. They said yes as long as I pay the last invoice which they would send to my address. I told them that as I was in Australia could they send the invoice to my family's address or could they email me the invoice as I was more than happy to pay the whole 38 euro i owed. They said this was fine and they would send it to my dublin address. I emailed my sister for weeks after to see the invoice had arrived, no sign. I emailed three and got no response. As I was then went on my travels for a few months I totally forgot about the whole thing. I recieved no correspondance or contact from three whatsoever this whole time and the next time i heard of anything was (after i got back to dublin), when i got an email last week from buchanan and wells debt collectors telling me to contact them!

I spoke to the debt collectors and they told me the address they had for my 38 euro debt was an old address i had asked three not to send the invoice to (which they had agreed in their email) Anyway, I paid the 38 euro off because i know those debt collectors are nasty pieces of work and it was not worth the hassle for such a small amount.

I then emailed three to complain that they had sent the invoice to the wrong address despite telling me they had updated it, and I also told them that i was annoyed i had recieved no further communication from them about the measly 38 euro before they transferred it to a debt collector. I also informed them i had paid it off.

when three got back to me they said the invoice had been sent to my new address ( which was untrue, as the address the debt collectors had on the account was the old address) and they told me i need to pay the debt collectors (after i just told them i had paid it!!!)

So you can imagine how angry I am after this whole debaucle over 38 euro!!

What company in their right mind would transfer a 38 euro debt over to a debt collector without communicating with the customer whatsoever or asking for their money?! Its not surprising that after so many efforts to pay the stupid bill, i forgot about the whole thing whilst i was travelling!

I am actually fuming writing this.

Advertisement