Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seriously

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I'd love to get an official statement on why this is happening, as it always happens with myself and my wife and everyone i have spoken to about it.

If your details haven't changed and you haven't cost them any money that year, your premium should go DOWN each year due to your increased no claims discount.

When I was living in the UK, this is exactly what happened, every year without fail, not even taking into consideration that insurance there was costing me 1/3 of what it costs me here.

Insurance renewal comes through automatically, lower than the previous year because you have not made any claims and your no claims bonus has an extra year on it.

I just don't understand why Irish insurance companies seem to make their customers jump through hoops every year just to get a renewal through at the rate they are entitled to.

If there is a legitimate reason for this happening, then surely liberty insurance should be able to give us an official statement telling us why?

rusty cole wrote: »
    Hi Irishbob

If you want to PM me your details I will arrange for our Renewals department to look into this and contact you.

Regards

Seán
    Hi Sean,

I had guys like yourself look into mine at length and the best you could do was a couple of %!!! anyone who renews here with this shower have themselves to blame. I changed right away. All you need is third party fire and theft, maybe windscreen cover. don't mind that Oh we put you in a hotel crap etc etc.
    Like I said, if you allow them <snip>, you've yourself to blame!! there's company's chomping at the bit for your business and you'll benefit from it. good look liberty. If you've a thread devoted to you high premiums, you're in trouble!

Hi Rusty Cole

Very sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to discuss this with you if you could PM me a contact number and a suitable time to call you back?

Regards

Seán

Hi Sean,

Let's be honest, I'd be taking the high road where my comments not part of an ever expanding thread devoted to good customers against bad practices!
    Like I said above, I gave you guys a chance, called a couple of times and yes I did have call backs. In no way did any of them mitigate the price offered.
    I'm not interested in being part of your window dressing or damage control. It's a joke how you vultures plan on getting rich off long term customers.
    An yes, the lady with the smarmy attitude did not help matters one bit, I never spoke to anyone as rude. Your calls are recorded so maybe you should listen to them now and again!

One more point also, I am driving eleven years and have been with Liberty/formerly quinn direct for all eleven of them!!
    Perhaps you thought my new policy was just inevitable so why not chance your arm!!

We'll say no more as I'm making myself sound like a crank!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Irishbob

Got a call back during the week.
    Down to 600 euro.
    I told the guy that's not good enough and that I will be going elsewhere at that price.

He insisted that I rang back to cancel my policy so there would be no confusion in case I was direct debited upon renewal date.

Can they do that, automatically direct debit u if u don't personal ring to cancel it?
    I've often changed policy's and never had to do this. Surly if I don't reply to there ridiculous renewal price, that automatically ends my yearly insurance.

And looking at my policy, it's not even covering windscreen damage. Lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Irishbob

Yeah.

1 call and got a well better quote.
    I should of saved my self the headache and done this last year.

Liberty, good luck!

Advertisement