Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow to Donegal.

Options
  • 04-09-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

A family member has just started college in Carlow. He is from west Donegal so does anyone know whats the best options to travel up and down via either Donegal Town or Letterkenny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Going via Dublin would be the handiest I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I presume Bus Eireann have a regular schedule between Carlow and Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

pbarr wrote: »
    I presume Bus Eireann have a regular schedule between Carlow and Dublin anyway.

every couple of hours,

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360752673-004.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I only know of one person who was in Carlow that travelled from Donegal and back up every few weekends. Two buses are needed, one from Donegal to Dublin, then another from there to Carlow. Takes about 6 hours if not a bit more to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Thanks for replies guys. He's after getting it sorted, he met up with a couple of local lads who are traveling up and down by car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

pbarr wrote: »
    Thanks for replies guys. He's after getting it sorted, he met up with a couple of local lads who are traveling up and down by car.

Long ol' spin, about 4.5 - 5 hours :cool:

Was talking to a man in west Donegal last week, he was telling me of a local family with two daughters, both recently got work, one in Cork, the other in London. The girl in London can get home easier and quicker than the one in Cork!! :pac:

Advertisement