Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal to Carlow.

Options
  • 04-09-2013 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

For a student who has just started college in Carlow does anyone know what would be the best route for traveling up and down as there is no direct route. Obviously he would have to go via Dublin but I wonder is that the best/only option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭supersonic64

AFAIK There's a couple of lads from the Rosses one going into 2nd year and one starting first travelling by car

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Bus Éireann (change at Busáras)
    19:05 Departs Carlow I.T. Main Entrance

20:30 Arrives Busáras
    20:45 Departs Busáras

00:45 (next day) Arrives Letterkenny Bus Station
    Total journey time 5 hrs, 40 minutes

thats the most direct i can find, from here and you can also look for car shares on there

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

For the bus & rail: http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/index.aspx I acknowledge that the Carlow IT student card should also be okay, but from experience having the card makes getting your fare discount a lot smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭muttley-dps

Went there years ago and through Dublin is the only way if you're on the bus.
    Driving, head for Portlaois, Tullamore onto M6, over to tyrellspass on the M6, north to Mullingar on the M4 and then home.

Though with Motorways the way they are now probably through Dublin is still as fast though tolls will cost ya.

Great town by the way, you won't regret it

Advertisement