Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year graduate visa New York!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 NiamhC007

I only came over last Sunday but I have a internship organised and accomodation sorted so I just need to get to know people now I suppose! May have to head to a few Irish bars to make a few friends !!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

That's cool, you have achieved a lot in week. Ah you won't be long making friends, What part of America did you go too.?

New York- Living in Sunnyside :)

Cool, I live in Woodlawn/Yonkers myself. Have you done the whole sightseeing thing yet,??

Ya I was here on holiday last Easter so i'm just trying not to get lost finding my way around now! Starting work next week in Williamsberg in Brooklyn. How long have you been over here now?

• Advertisement

it impossible to get lost in Manhattan, Queens on the other hand is a different story, I have to walk around with google maps out on the phone to find my way round there. Came over last September.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 petercurran1990

Are any of you guys looking to share accommodation? Or know of anyone looking to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alisoncr91

Im planning on going on the grad visa around this time next year as I'll be graduating from my tourism management degree in October 14. Ages away yet I know but just wondering how anyones experiences went? I'm leaning towards Boston due to the Irish community there in hopes that will help with finding a job. Would I be totally mad to go on my own? I havent got any family connections but planning on trying to get as much organising done as possible before I go!

Advertisement