Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic collision N6/N17 junction wednesday

Options
  • 04-09-2013 8:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭

I don't suppose anyone was a witness to a traffic incident between a cyclist and a motorist at about 16:10 wednesday on the N6 near Glenburren Park entrance. There were traffic jams in the area at the time and the cyclist involved wants to know if there were any witnesses who'd wish to come forward.
    Nobody was seriously injured.
    He was shocked that not many offered to help at the time despite him being surrounded by people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

I actually rang the guards for him. I didnt see what actually happened but I did see the driver of the car who was an absolute scumbag who took the bike from under the car and threw it over a wall!!! A van then blocked in the driver of the car. I didnt stay around though because the 2 lanes would have been blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Jaysus, that's bad form. I hope the driver gets what's coming to him!

Also, just a quick pre-emptive note for people to stick on topic while discussing this particular incident; as we all know how these things can wander... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

This location?

Has the road layout changed much around the junction with Glenburren Park?

Would you happen to know which direction the cyclist was travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    This location?

Has the road layout changed much around the junction with Glenburren Park?

Would you happen to know which direction the cyclist was travelling?

The google street view is out of date
    The cycle path (N6 outbound) drops down onto the road (perhaps 10/15meters) before the junction with Glenburren Park. Has a red painted cycle lane then as far as the junction.

Advertisement