Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cabbage

• 04-09-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, even though I have been gardening for quite a while I have yet another problem to put up this year which is cabbage failure, york cabbage plants which I bought in the local market along with hispi plants which I grew from seed are all infected in the roots causing yellow leaf etc. I would like your views on what caused the infection, farmyard manure, bought in plants or is it the particular patch of ground? as I have new plants ready for planting (Christmas Drumhead) I presume I better keep far away from the old ridges, also can the soil be treated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

Could be cabbage root fly. The maggots eat the roots causeing the leafs to turn yellow and die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

eggox I don't think its maggots that are attacking, the root has multiplied and looks horrible, thanks for reply.

Advertisement