Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Endorsement on license

• 04-09-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

What exactly does a license endorsement mean ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

noun
    4. a record of a motoring offence on a driving licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

From the earlier thread:
    orky87 wrote: »
    I was searching for the same answer and came across this info for anyone interested..

Disqualification/Endorsement Questions

• What is an Endorsement?
      An endorsement is an order made by a judge in Court directing that particulars of a conviction be endorsed on a person’s driving licence
    • How long does an endorsement last?
      An endorsement is for three years and it only starts from the date the licence is endorsed. The licence to be endorsed must be in date and remain in date for the endorsement to continue. If your licence expires before the three years has lapsed your next licence must be stamped. If you do not have a licence at the time the endorsement cannot run until you obtain a licence.
    • Can the length of the endorsement be reduced?
      No. All endorsements are for three years.
    • If I have more than one endorsement do they run together?
      Yes, provided all endorsements have been stamped on the licence, which is in date.
    • Can I appeal against my endorsement?
      No. You may appeal against the conviction, however if the conviction is upheld the endorsement still stands.
    • If I am disqualified from driving what do I do?
      If you are disqualified from driving you must hand in your Driving Licence to the Court or to Motor Tax Office, Lifford.
    • When does my disqualification commence?
      Disqualification commences 15 days from the date you were in Court, unless otherwise directed by the Judge. If an appeal is lodged within 15 days from the date of court, conviction is void until the appeal is heard.
    • What happens to my licence?
      Your licence will be stamped in the District Court Office and sent to the appropriate Motor Taxation Office (where licence was issued) who will retain it on file for the duration of the disqualification. The disqualification carries an automatic endorsement commencing from the expiry date of the disqualification.
    • If I hold both a full and provisional licence/learners permit at the same time do both licences need to be submitted to the Courts for disqualification/endorsement?
      Yes all valid licences held by the convicted driver must be endorsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement